So I was cleaning my brushes today and afterwards I made a new brush cleaning dip cup. Usually when I add brush cleaner to water it just foams up a little like soap, but today it's acting like oil and water and it has a stronger smell. It always has it's soapy chemical smell, but today, when I add it to the water it's stronger, strong enough to make my scalp tighten with the onset of a chemical headache.

I checked our water and it's fine, nothing there.

So, can the winsor & newton brush cleaner/restorer go bad?

I got it a few months ago. I dilute some it to wash my brushes while I'm painting, just swish them around after a bit to get any intense amounts of paint off, particularly for my mixing brushes. I have a separate bottle for soaking my brushes when they need to be restored.

The thing is, I've diluted it before and it's never done this. It's really weird and kinda freaky.

Well, the oil & water effect went away and it's acting normal now. The strong smell went away too. Maybe I just never noticed it before... I do tend to fail my observation checks. Makes me wish I hadn't poured the first batch down the drain... :blink: