Sign in to follow this  
dharman07

Dice Rolling

Me and some of my friends are looking for a good forum to do a Play by Post RPG. I had a lot of good times in the past on this forum. My only question is, has Reaper ever instituted some Dice Rolling to their forum software?

If not, what do people use for their Dice Rollers?

I know the forums over at boardgamegeek.com (rpggeek.com) have dice rolling built in, but their format is a bit hard to read at times.

It would indeed be cool if they did set up a dice rolling system, but at the same time, I am not sure what it would do to the servers, and if it would make Kit's head explode

As I've done both & also have GMed pbp by web & regular rolling I've decided to just go with the honor system when it comes to my games. After getting some extremely overall crappy rolls from a reputable roller, I've sworn off web rollers. It wasn't just my rolls that were junk it was the entire group I had.

Also I figure if your cheating for a pbp, well that's your life not mine.

I will admit, lately for character ability roll ups I tend to use Wizard's roller, mainly cause its convenient.

RM

I've not tried Wizards lately. It seems to be pretty easy to use if you just don't have dice within reach. I remember playing in one game where we had to use InvisibleCastle, but after getting a suspicious string of rolls with the same results, I put that page's program through a few series of test rolls and found an alarming lack of randomness.

& that is the reputable roller ha ha. I even supported IC by donating. One thing I wish I could get back.......

More or less for me wizards is easy to access.