Happy birthday OneBoot

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to relate this thing that just happened, I'm still chuckling about it. ^_^

Husband comes home from school, grabs a piece of paper and a pencil, then sits down on the couch.

Husband: "Okay, so what colors of paint do you need?"

Me: "...Uh...?" (thinking "Where do I even start?")

H: "Also, can I assume that the colors are the same for the different companies?"

M: "Uh...no. Well, sort of. I mean, if one company's said 'Carnage Red' and the other said 'Blood Red,' you can be pretty sure they're both red." (I finally realize what he's after, and throw him a bone) "Our FLGS has P3 paints, and I really like their metallic colors."

H: "And they look like those bottles?" *points to some Reaper paints I've got on my desk"

M: "No, they look like these." *pulls out a P3 bottle* "I've got Quick Silver and Molten Bronze already."

H: *writes this down* "Okay, and you need all the other ones, right?"

M: :mellow: "Um, well, I don't really need all the other metallic colors, I'd just like them someday." (trying to consider our finances right now)

H: "Okay. I'm not sure how many surprises you're going to get for your birthday today." *laughs* "Love you, bye!" *runs out the door*

M: *blinks* "What just happened?"

:wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 17

Ah...no, I did not.

I'll admit that I was actually afraid he'd try to buy all of the P3 metallic paints our FLGS had, but he must have consulted with somebody there because he brought home Cold Steel and Solid Gold, which when paired with my Quick Silver and Molten Bronze should be all I'll need for some time. Yay! ^_^ Unfortunately, though, it looks like I'll have to get the bottle of Cold Steel swapped for a new bottle, since I noticed as I was shaking it (prior to opening) that it both feels and sounds like it's only half-full. ::(:

He also got me the most awesome-est astronomy/galaxies apron that I've been drooling over for a few months now. Yep, paint and astronomy, I'm a geek and proud of it. ::D:

Huzzah!

• Like 12

Happy Yesterbirthday!

And I wasn't here because I miss lots of these threads and don't like people to think I play favourites because it makes me feel guilty so then I avoid these threads which only makes me feel MORE guilty.

It's quite a vicious loop. But the birthday paint story compelled a like, which totally blew my cover.

Maybe it's just easier (and a lot less neurotic) to wish happy birthdays when I find them.

• Like 4

Wait, it was your birthday yesterday too?! Happy birthday!!!

Also, :blink:

Thanks! :) Yep, pretty sure we were separated at birth. St. Luke's in Boise?

Nope; Roseville, CA. However, I do currently live in Pocatello, which is just a few hours east of there! :)

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot

I, too, rarely comment in these threads because I won't comment on those people I definitely have had no interactions with ("Who is that?") and then I try to comment on those I feel I've had "significant" interactions with. But then I second-guess myself going, "Wait, am I getting names confused? Would it be creepy of me to wish them a happy birthday? I may have only Liked a few of their posts and never talked with them. I think I've talked with them? Haven't I?" get flustered, and then don't comment on anyone's at all for awhile until someone's birthday comes up who I feel like, "Yes - I must. It'd feel rude if I didn't." And the cycle continues...

• Like 5