Stonehaven elves...

SamuraiJack

I got my 2x completionist Elves in on Monday. Some of the sculpts I was on the fence about I actually like a lot more now that I have them in front of me, such as the Monk/Martial Artist. I really like the Necromancer, probably my favorite of the Elves. And HOLY CRAP are those frogs tiny. The little Treant is really cool too. I will also say, as others already have, that the Trolls do kind of steal the show. I love the Berzerker. One of my friends that was looking at them thought the Rock Thrower looked like he was playing basketball, might be a fun conversion.

One thing that bugs me though, the Elven Archer seems like she would be really tall compared to the others if she was sculpted standing instead of the kneeling/crouching pose. Maybe it's just the longs legs...

• Like 4

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay mine is waiting once i get back from Bowen island tomorrow! Joy. I plan on painting the baby ent straight away as we are coming to the end of our 4e campaign and it is going to one of players (an ents) long lost son or something ! Then it's onto the baker for our new 5e super low level campaign next month woot!

• Like 3

Got my x2 sets in as well.  The 2d set was because it was cheaper than adding on all the extras that I wanted 2 of.  So if anyone wants to trade for that 2d figure that they didn't know they wanted, just drop me a PM and we can work something out.

• Like 2

We'll probably have to talk about them in the WIP or Showoff forums as people paint them up.

The Reaperfolks appear to want the kickstarter forum to only focus on current projects and once fulfillment has been completed the threads are locked.

• Like 2

We'll probably have to talk about them in the WIP or Showoff forums as people paint them up.

The Reaperfolks appear to want the kickstarter forum to only focus on current projects and once fulfillment has been completed the threads are locked.

thread reopened as several people in ROW (not US or CA) have not yet received their items.

for general discussion, please go elsewhere to discuss, thread is limited to KS only.

My completionist elves arrived out here in NZ this week and I'm very happy with them. Only had a quick look at most figures so far, but I really like them in person and the 5 trolls together look great. Stonehaven really do run great projects, delighted with the figures and the communication in all three projects to date.

• Like 3

The only problem I have with them is that sometimes the plastic base will cover the part of the figure I'd like to look at. Other than that, it seems very efficient and seems to protect the figures adequately.

Could you show a pic for those of us that don't know what the strips are?  Curious.

The only problem I have with them is that sometimes the plastic base will cover the part of the figure I'd like to look at. Other than that, it seems very efficient and seems to protect the figures adequately.

Could you show a pic for those of us that don't know what the strips are? Curious.
I don't have a pic, but it's like a long, narrow baggie with heat-sealed divisions. So a mini, its base and all its accessories are put in the end and heat sealed so they are in a small plastic envelope. Then you do the same with the next mini. You end up with a strip of several connected but separate compartments, each holding parts that all go together. Edited by Pingo
  • Like 1

Could you show a pic for those of us that don't know what the strips are?  Curious.

Here's a pic of just 3 of the many strips I received. Stonehaven first used them with the gnomes and different coloured dice, but with the elves there's a different coloured piece of paper to help differentiate the strips.

photo_zpsa39a1181.jpg

• Like 5

I hope to get my hands on my gripli soon. I I received my tracking number a few minutes ago.

Has anyone in Europe received theirs?

Edit: bah! 6 days in customs clearance already. I doubt this one will pass without any extra fees.

Edited by Godfather Punk

For some reason usps decided to send my package to the wrong country (belgium). Petra will be phoning usps soon, I contacted dutch mail services. Im confident that we can figure it out, however a little bit sad that I have to wait longer :(

Edited by Damenace
  • Like 1

Here's a pic of just 3 of the many strips I received. Stonehaven first used them with the gnomes and different coloured dice, but with the elves there's a different coloured piece of paper to help differentiate the strips.

photo_zpsa39a1181.jpg

The strips with colour coding are a great idea. It has to make sorting for packing and shipping simpler. Then when you have add ons beyond the sets, you get another strip, just minus the coloured bit of paper.