Stonehaven elves...

SamuraiJack

$33 (25€) extra customs fees for a modest pledge level.

I think I'm going to restrict my future KS projects to EU friendly stuff.

Edit: it is a very small box (about the size of a VHS tape) jam packed full of elves, trolls, stuff and no air to breathe. I made the mistake of taking them out and now I'll never be able to put all the minis back in. :B):

Edited by Godfather Punk
  • Like 6

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$33 extra customs fees for a modest pledge level.

If I only backed Canada friendly kickstarters, the only kickstarter I would've backed would be the original Bones one.

That's why I factor in customs fees when deciding if a kickstarter is worth it to me or not.

If I'm not charged any fees, then that's a pleasant surprise.

Well at least your elves are in the correct country, mine are also in your country, however I am not ;p

Ouch!

• Like 3

If I only backed Canada friendly kickstarters, the only kickstarter I would've backed would be the original Bones one.

Huh, I think I have lucked out a bit with Kickstarters and customs here in Sweden; so far Bones is the only one I've been charged for (and I was expecting that, plus it was a large order which made the flat fee less painful).

I have of course paid quite a bit for shipping over the years; sometimes I think living in the US would be so much fun. :down:

• Like 3

Ouchies for having delivery problems...

I do admit living in Australia means sometimes nasty postage.  Its definitely something in the equation when I determine if a Kickstarter (or even an order) is worth it.... at least I don't need to worry about customs though  (unless I spend over 1K which I am very unlikely to do due to also having a mortgage etc)

• Like 4

Well at least your elves are in the correct country, mine are also in your country, however I am not ;p

I clicked 'Like' but actually I meant 'Commiserations'. :down:

Thanks man, I feel your $33 dollar pain, Im pretty sure mine will be similar. 16 euro + 21% = 43 euro's = 58 dollar... Hmmm... Better start saving up.. Doh!

• Like 1

Edit: it is a very small box (about the size of a VHS tape) jam packed full of elves, trolls, stuff and no air to breathe. I made the mistake of taking them out and now I'll never be able to put all the minis back in. :B):

That's weird, if I'm remembering things right Stonehaven put down the manufacturing cost as the value to both my Dwarf and Gnomes sets so they were under the customs limit. Hope they didn't get in trouble for doing that.

No word on my stuff yet, but I was a very late backer so I'll just have to be patient.

• Like 1

Let it be decreed that from this day forth a VHS tape shall be the default unit of measurement for all miniatures packaging!!!

• Like 5

Let it be decreed that from this day forth a VHS tape shall be the default unit of measurement for all miniatures packaging!!!

The real question is slim cardboard or clamshell.

• Like 2

The real question is slim cardboard or clamshell.

Ah, the noble clamshell, gone the way of the dodo.  An elegant VHS packaging for a more civilized age.

• Like 2

Yeah, the Post Office here still lists the priority small as "video size".

On another note, the Elves were waiting upon my return today!  Very nice guys, though the companions and beasties are definitely the most interesting on the lot.

• Like 1