Stonehaven elves...

SamuraiJack

Gotta get me that crazy uncle troll mini :p

Crazy Uncle Troll is a great figure - I had two, but ended up selling one at Burger King.

A little girl asked her mom 'why's that man painting toys?'... And her mom told her that I was one of Santa's elves. ::P:

Then, later, that mom came back and offered to buy the troll from me, if I would add a princess...

She would tell her little girl not to watch me paint, because Santa's elves don't like being watched while they work... thus making certain that the girl would watch, and that she would recognize the toys when they showed up under the tree....

That mom was a champion liar! It was a pleasure and a privilege to do business with her!

The downside was one of my coworkers buying me a jingle bell hat, since I was in the business.... :lol:

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 13

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...you were painting at Burger King? :blink:

(Awesome mom is awesome.)

I paint at Burger King and Wendy's pretty often - I find that the background distraction helps me concentrate.

More often it is BK - Wendy's has better food, and that distracts me from painting in a way that people in the background fail to do.

I have sold a fair number of miniatures at BK as well - people are quite willing to come up and ask about what I am doing, and, to my girlfriend's dismay, I can carry on a conversation at the same time - she wants to take me out sketching in the park this summer, to see if I can bring in some tourist money. ::P:

She comes and paints with me fairly often, and she swears that both my painting and conversation are done on autopilot, while my mind goes elsewhere. (It kind of creeps her out - as does the fact that I can describe all of the conversations going on around us while I am painting....)

I just consider it a fugue state.

And a good deal of my notes for RPGs are done on tray liners, for much the same reason - I am able to put my left brain on a shelf when I am in adequately distracting surroundings.

The Auld Grump

• Like 8

As I am slowly painting up the Trolls (and some others, but, the Trolls are useful for Reign of Winter right away), I am astounded by how dynamic they are compared to the first.  The Berserker is definitely my favorite.

I can't wait to see the variants that come in future Kickstarters.

• Like 5

I did find some of the flatter minis, like the Kitsune and Lich, reposable just by bending them with slight pressure.  The white metal bends easily.  I agree that some are not really going to be dynamic...I think it wasn't as noticeable with the smaller guys.

My package has left Belgium again, great news! Now for the bad news, instead of going to the NL, its almost back at stonehaven, I guess it got returned to sender...

Sorry to hear that. I hope if Stonehaven does get it back they're able to get it out to you quickly.

• Like 1

My package has left Belgium again, great news! Now for the bad news, instead of going to the NL, its almost back at stonehaven, I guess it got returned to sender...

Sorry to hear that. I hope if Stonehaven does get it back they're able to get it out to you quickly.

I have no doubt about it, Petra has been a real star with helping me out!

• Like 2