Voice Acting

Girot

Anybody interested in helping me record some lines for a Pathfinder project? It would be entirely for fun and you get your names in the credits... ::D:

I need the following:

one female + semi-scottish accent = Kuna, Dwarf Gunslinger (one line)

one male + old geezer accent = Bartlbee Woren, Town Magistrate (most of the lines)

one male + snotty elven accent = Alagos, Elf Sorcerer (several of the lines)

anybody who can do a passable Alucard (Crispin Freeman-style) = Ancient Vampire (handfull of very short lines)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, but the New Zealand accent doesn't really lend itself to any of those : )

Bah! Can you do a New Zealandy old geezer? That would suit me just fine! :D

Perhaps...

If you want to try it let me know. Any of the above sound like something you'd be willing to brave?

Either male part would be fine.

What do you mean by "elven accent"? Something unusual like Deanna Troi's odd accent at the beginning of ST:TNG or the like?

Plus, I'm in the Valley which might make things easier. I've always been interested in voice work. I've imitated accents since I was a child and I assume different voices for NPCs when I run games.

"elven accent" to me is a sort of french/english hybrid. maybe just a "london" accent. he's a high elf too so that'll pretty much do the trick.

as to the "london" accent i got an earful during a liberty call in Plymouth from a girl about accents and how americans all think they sound like they're from london. it was pretty funny. :D

• Like 2

"elven accent" to me is a sort of french/english hybrid. maybe just a "london" accent. he's a high elf too so that'll pretty much do the trick.

as to the "london" accent i got an earful during a liberty call in Plymouth from a girl about accents and how americans all think they sound like they're from london. it was pretty funny. :D

Surely an elf would sound more upper crust and Oxford? You say London accent and I immediately think Estuary (Rose from New Who, for instance).
  • Like 1

English accents are easy for me.

London does have a variety of accents simply because what is called London is a huge conglomeration of villages that grew into each other, each with their own local sound. Scotland Yard can pinpoint what neighborhood a Londoner is from by their accent. The closest we have to that in one city is New York, where there are local accents limited by burrough. It's sort of fascintating.

I generally do the London Proper accent when I voice Sidhe in my Changeling games. It has very little in the way of deviation of phonetic sounds but it sounds more proper than the American Midwest Broadcast accent used by TV hosts and news anchors in our country.

Edited by Runestone_Cowboy