Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Fantasy Vignette...The Cellar

I think a good alternate name for this piece would be The Seller. :;):

I like this piece. You did a good job on the mini, but I really like all the little details you added, as you usually do.

• Like 2

I like this piece. You did a good job on the mini, but I really like all the little details you added, as you usually do.

Hi Darsc! Your suggestion is ironic...I have a (2nd) piece of this figure and I plan to put her outside of a medieval pub/tavern by the door...I like your title (which I would like to use...with your permission)...Do you think that the (title) would cause objections from/on the site?

Hi Darsc! Your suggestion is ironic...I have a (2nd) piece of this figure and I plan to put her outside of a medieval pub/tavern by the door...I like your title (which I would like to use...with your permission)...Do you think that the (title) would cause objections from/on the site?
Hey there Catdancer! Just put a couple cases of produce or bottles in that vignette, like you did here, and leave it up to the viewers imagination on what she's selling. :;):

EDIT: Of course you have my permission. If I ever say anything that inspires you to create or do something, please go ahead. I'd be tickled if you did.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

Those little "details" like the box's, bottles and barrels are what make these little jewels.

I have another half finished project where I scratch build and counts as these things

That I want to show you.

Coabeous

• Like 1

Hi Catdancer.

Did you ever do the followup piece outside of the tavern?

I can't recall having seen it.

• Like 1

Hi Catdancer.

Did you ever do the followup piece outside of the tavern?

I can't recall having seen it.

Hi Darsc! My work schedule (on miniature projects) has not allowed me to do anything on the (Tavern = Seller)...but I have not forgotten about it. I am working on some future contest pieces (not to compete or to be judged...but so that I can earn a MonkeySloth ribbon (for participation). I am also working on finishing up the last four pieces for my Ren Fair project...2 of which are what I consider to be " center pieces "...(the produce market and the food court).

I am also considering using the same figure (from the cellar vignette) for the tavern piece...I really like that figure, and don't know of any Reaper female figure that offers the same wardrobe and feel...(do you know of any that might work)?

Paul (Catdancer)

• Like 3

Hi Darsc! My work schedule (on miniature projects) has not allowed me to do anything on the (Tavern = Seller)...but I have not forgotten about it. I am working on some future contest pieces (not to compete or to be judged...but so that I can earn a MonkeySloth ribbon (for participation). I am also working on finishing up the last four pieces for my Ren Fair project...2 of which are what I consider to be " center pieces "...(the produce market and the food court).

I am also considering using the same figure (from the cellar vignette) for the tavern piece...I really like that figure, and don't know of any Reaper female figure that offers the same wardrobe and feel...(do you know of any that might work)?

Paul (Catdancer)

Didn't mean to put any pressure on you Catdancer. Just wondering if I may have missed it.

I am amazed at your output of quality vignettes and dioramas etc.

When I get home from work I'll take a look through Reapers catalogue to see if I can spot any suitable minis. In the meantime have you seen all the minis in the set I've linked to below. I know you've used at least one of them before.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Strumpets/sku-down/02655

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

Paul (Catdancer)

Didn't mean to put any pressure on you Catdancer. Just wondering if I may have missed it.

I am amazed at your output of quality vignettes and dioramas etc.

When I get home from work I'll take a look through Reapers catalogue to see if I can spot any suitable minis. In the meantime have you seen all the minis in the set I've linked to below. I know you've used at least one of them before.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Strumpets/sku-down/02655

Darsc, your question didn't put any pressure on me at all...As you know by now, I tend to work at my own pace and set my schedules so that I have no (time related pressure). I only encounter pressure when it comes to commission work and the client wants me to do a 4 week project (but he wants it in 5 days).

As far as the (3 lady Reaper set goes)...I have painted that set (4) times...(1) for the wife and (3) commissions...but none of those figures have the " true " feeling of a " seller " standing outside of a tavern. The Hasslefree figure has a wardrobe...plus an aura and look to her that lends itself to such a vignette. There is a set of (3) ladies put out by a foreign company (I can't remember who) that would also work...but as you know...I do business with only U.S. firms.

Paul (Catdancer) 

• Like 1

Darsc, your question didn't put any pressure on me at all...As you know by now, I tend to work at my own pace and set my schedules so that I have no (time related pressure). I only encounter pressure when it comes to commission work and the client wants me to do a 4 week project (but he wants it in 5 days).

As far as the (3 lady Reaper set goes)...I have painted that set (4) times...(1) for the wife and (3) commissions...but none of those figures have the " true " feeling of a " seller " standing outside of a tavern. The Hasslefree figure has a wardrobe...plus an aura and look to her that lends itself to such a vignette. There is a set of (3) ladies put out by a foreign company (I can't remember who) that would also work...but as you know...I do business with only U.S. firms.

Paul (Catdancer)

I'm drawing a blank on more suitable minis Paul.

I went through old and new issues of Reapers catalogue Casketworks. I went through their list of minis I have that are not in their printed catalogue. I tried searching through their online store... No luck on finding any that you don't already have. I can't think of any other American companies producing something suitable. Bombshell Babes has a number of nice female minis, but they're mostly armed adventuring types.

Sorry I can't be of more help at the moment.

• Like 1