Curse my Canadian Politeness!

buglips*the*goblin

Y'all ain't gonna believe this one.

So recently, as I may have mentioned, a 1 million dollar ticket was sold in my town. Older couple won, not some 20something "bro" with spinning car rims, so I was okay with it.

Well.

That ticket was sold at the store where I usually buy mine. And do you know how I know that? Because the franchisee lady told me.

Know what else?

She showed me the security camera tape of the ticket being sold. And there I am, on the tape. Looking at some Jack Links beef sticks because I'm feelin hongry. And the old man and his wife come up alongside, look at me, and I politely wave for them to go ahead while I try to decide on pepperoni or original.

And they bought the ticket that won a million bucks.

And!

AND!

... I didn't even buy the beef stick after.

I mean... like... :mellow: Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

Why am I trapped in a sitcom? How do I escape? This... this isn't funny any more.

• Like 20

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah! he didn't say he bought a ticket and Darsc ninjaed me. With a random number pull no guarantee he'd have gotten the same numbers. Plus the older couple were probably using their grandkids birthdays for their numbers not some new fangled machine picking their numbers.

Edited by chaosscorpion
  • Like 1

It's just as well; I mean, we all know the moment goblins get treasure adventurers show up to kill them and take it.

Low level adventurers, at that... what kind of epitaph would that be, getting murder-hoboed by a bunch of snot nosed teenagers?

Edit to add: Unless it was a scratcher. Do you have million dollar scratchers up north? I think ours peter out around 250k...

Edited by Last Knight
  • Like 6

That's too bad, although of course if you had gone straight to the counter and purchased a ticket it's extremely unlikely it would have been the same number.

And why am I not surprised the store had their security cameras trained on buglips. :;):

Bah! he didn't say it bought a ticket and Darsc ninjaed me. With a random number pull no guarantee he'd have gotten the same numbers. Plus the older couple were probably using their grandkids birthdays for their numbers not some new fangled machine picking their numbers.

Stop sucking the fun out of my pain!

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I need to wait for it to be 20 million on the 20th and buy 20 tickets.

Then I'm sure to win!

(20 dollars)

• Like 4

They'd have paid it out in Goblin Dollars (which I'm told have a very favourable exchange rate). :devil:

In all seriousness though, they shouldn't have shown you the video. That's rubbing salt in a wound that you didn't even know you had. While it's true you almost certainly wouldn't have got the same numbers they did, it still makes it seem that you were very close and didn't get it.

• Like 4