Sign in to follow this  
CashWiley

77143: Townsfolk: Undertaker

Now that sir is a thing of great beauty. Love ambient lighting effects on mini's, You really pulled it off very well here. :;):

• Like 2

Jesus, Cash. I hadn't seen your wip until after this showed up... He's absolutely stunning! I'd really appreciate a list of your moonlight and OSL palettes, if it's not asking too much!

• Like 1

Sure, color selection was the toughest part so I hope I can make things easier for those who follow!

The moonlit palette, from dark to light:

Sapphire Blue:Walnut Brown around 3:1

Midnight Blue

Twilight Blue

Snow Shadow

Basically, Corporea's blue/black plus the grey blues triad. The OSL palette:

Redstone

Fire Orange

Marigold Yellow

Sun Yellow

Pure White

Note that Sun Yellow and Pure White were only used on the light source. Marigold Yellow is the highlight on the cast light. Exceptions are nmm and eyes, which both cast reflections, so Sun Yellow could be used there (not close enough for white).

• Like 2

Wow!!! He turned out perfectly! Really moody and intense. Great OSL and monochrome! Love the hint of purple. Great sharp highlights on the base- makes it look like edged stone. I love it! Level up Cash! ::):

• Like 1

Actually, that's a thin walnut wash. I forgot I had run that in the deeper crevices, the camera really picked that up. Also, second mini varnished with the new can, still a bit glossier than I like. Doug Sundseth will be happy, though - I only used two lights to snap the pics, dropping the top light. I did underexpose it a bit to keep it gloomy.

I am only seeing one thing I would change, I would add a touch of the orange light to the shovel, even though it's far away from the light source, the NMM effect leaves me thinking it should have enough metal shine to it to reflect some of that.

• Like 2