{SPLIT} Canadian BONES 2 shipping/fees

Matrissa, it was 2 years ago and IIRC it was Toys Я Us. We wanted to buy a big Thomas the Tank Engine table for my youngest boy. It was way cheaper in the US than Saskatchewan. I have a cousin that married a guy in Montana and travels back and forth continually so we wanted to ship it to him for free shipping. It weighed about 50 pounds so shipping was high. They wouldn't let us so we ended up getting a cheaper quality and price Imagination set in Regina.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reaper have already said *everything* is going USPS this time 'round. (Yay!)

nope, the fees will be right there in the open so you can see how you are being ripped off

I just spent some time reading the article and a good number of the follow-up replies that Suden linked, and I just wanted to say: I am so so sorry for you guys.   I've lived in the US my whole li

If USPS is handled by Canada post, that is some of the best news I have ever heard.

I have a long history of UPS shipping whatever I bought, to whatever they feel like Alberta.

One time, they delivered my sneakers to a bar in downtown Calgary. The best one though

was my bones and they delivered it to my old apartment, twice... even after I told them otherwise.

*Head Desk*

If USPS is handled by Canada post, that is some of the best news I have ever heard.

Just be forewarned that Canada Post also has some service charges associated with USPS, but it's a flat fee of $8 I think. Used to be $5, but it went up a while ago.

2) "Toys" have no Duty associated with them. The closest Duty category that I could find for miniatures was "Toys - Action Figures".

Reaper seems to be referring to their miniatures as model kits. Not sure if it makes a difference, but it may since to many a law "Toy = For children" so may need to meet certain standards.

Edited by Frankthedm

Well... I'm not sure how Reaper continually manages to do this, despite my better judgment (or the fact I have not painted in a good 4 months, and 90% of the Bones I mini's are still in the box...) I have decided to give Reaper some more of my money, knowing full well I will have to pay shipping and Duty. If the FinalCost website is even remotely correct, as long as Reaper is indeed using USPS, than my order with everything SHOULD be less than $200, which is acceptable in my mind.

The only crappy thing, is that my hesitation cost me being pushed back to wave 6 shipping... I'm not going to see any product for WELL over a year. That part kinda sucks, but I guess I'd much rather KNOW its going to be that long, than Bones I where we all just sat here for 1107 posts wondering when we would get our products.

Also the fact that Reaper has pledged to update us at least twice a month, even if nothing changes, really means a lot.

• Like 1

Jaryth000 the delay will just give you more time to get started back up painting. It's certainly possible, I just painted my first mini since June a couple days ago. I gotta hurry, I'm an early bird pledge.

Has anyone here ever had to pay duty on a Reaper shipment before? I haven't despite a few fairly large orders, but I don't know if 'Free Shipping' somehow excludes duty or if the border just lets most things slip through. I honestly can't remember ever having paid duty for anything in my life, in fact.

Whether this KS will have duty or not will mean a difference of like 80 dollars in my order so I'd rather know now if I need to hold it back, or if I can get more miniatures at a great cost. Thanks for any further information people can give me.