MSP code to replace Panzer Ace Flesh Shadow

ioannis

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a little research about that color and using Reaper's PowerPalette, it looks like Ace Flesh Shadow is somewhere between 09133 Bloodstain Red or maybe 09224 Redstone.

I'm sampling this according to online swatches I found on Google, and they're not all equivalent, but bloodstain red seems closest.

Thanks mate...9133 is too dark and not blue enough, the redstone is too light brown, like normal flesh. The Ace Flesh Shadow was a bluish-red with a touch of flesh. I can get about the same by mixing tanned flesh with violet rose, but I was hoping someone has identified a bottle already in the range!

The power pallet attempts to find the closest color reaper has so that means that Reaper most likely doesn't have an equivalent.

Outside of the standard pigment colors (Ultramarine blue for example) paint lines aren't guaranteed to have the same colors as each company has unique hues that they mix up and sell. Sometimes these are very close to another company's color, or the same if it's a really popular color in the hobby. This is why many of us either learn to mix everything or just buy from multiple companies.

Someone who's better at color mixing then me might be able to give you a good enough recipe but it looks like it's just Burnt Sienna mixed with a red that has a small amount of purple in it,

But it did us good as a nice good Sunday discussion about our favorite topic: paints!

What would happen if you photographed a model previously painted with this Panzer color, uploaded the pic into the Reaper Power Palette tool and sampled that? Maybe that would work better than internet swatches.

Edit:

I tried the power palette with someone else's picture:

Rohan_1_B.JPG

And the power palette got a result different from what CrankyDog obtained. The helmet is supposed to be painted with Panzer Ace Shadow Flesh.

Raw Results:

09028 Muddy Brown [+]

09224 Redstone [+]
09071 Chestnut Brown [+]
Edited by TGP

Sorry I took so long on this. There is no direct match to Panzer Aces Shadow Flesh. Ruddy Brown 29830 (HD Line) is a little darker and not quite as red. Chestnut Brown 9071 (MSP) is a little lighter and again Shadow Flesh is a bit redder than both of those but its those are the closest that I found. I guess if I was going to pick one I would go with the Ruddy Brown. I think the Panzer Aces Shadow Flesh is actually way to red for its intended purpose anyway.

Many thanks...you're absolutely right. The only way to get this color is to mix, or buy the bottle (again!) I decided to buy it again. Yes, it is to blueish for flesh base when painting high-end figures. But, the end result is very good for wargaming figures that take only three layers of paint and they are to be viewed from 2-feet distance on the table.