Pearlex Powders

Enchantra

Well a long while ago I picked up for myself sets of pearlex powders. They are supposed to be great for working with coloring the surface of polymer clay. Wow did I get results!

Tonight I was making samples of items that I am teaching classes for at Michaels. On an amphora that is a necklace centerpiece I used several different colors. The effect is stunning to say the least. The entire amphora looks as if it is pearlized in multiple colors. I'm going to have to try this stuff on my minis.

I think it would make crystals look more crystalline and would give a certain sparkle to rocks and sand.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmm...

This stuff is goodness! I've used it for everything from stage make-up & sets to mixing just the right paint for a piece.

Take a little while to get familiar with it, and this is one product that you should really allow yourself to think "outside the box" with, I'm convinced the uses and possibilities are endless.

And a bonus, they sell straight interference colors in the powedered pigment forms, as well as some that move through two different colors (ie. red-green, gold-purple, etc..).

Orchid - who's gonna have to play with hers again! :rolleyes:

Sounds pretty cool ::):

I've actually been wanting to buy those interference colour powders for a while, but no sells them around here ::(:

Check online and see if you can order them through a place online. They are a bit pricey. As it was I bought mine on one of the rare occasions Michaels ran a 50% off coupon. Each box is $24.99 otherwise and you get 12 different colors in each box.

Check online and see if you can order them through a place online.  They are a bit pricey.  As it was I bought mine on one of the rare occasions Michaels ran a 50% off coupon.  Each box is $24.99 otherwise and you get 12 different colors in each box.

I checked about a year ago, and the only thing I could find that was just a little bit like it was Golden's interference paints, but I would have to order them from the UK and it was quite expensive, so I just gave up on it.

I've also found a few places in the UK that sells the pearlex powders, but none of them ship outside the UK.

Oh well, I'll keep on searching ::):

I checked about a year ago, and the only thing I could find that was just a little bit like it was Golden's interference paints, but I would have to order them from the UK and it was quite expensive, so I just gave up on it.

I've also found a few places in the UK that sells the pearlex powders, but none of them ship outside the UK.

See if some of your friends in North America can get it for you and ship them.

• Reaper User

Or, you could just say "Hey, Anne!!" and when I ship you the prize support for the winter showcase I can try to remember to pick up some of those spiffy powders for you... :;):

--Anne

Or, you could just say "Hey, Anne!!" and when I ship you the prize support for the winter showcase I can try to remember to pick up some of those spiffy powders for you...  :;):

Hey, Anne!!

^_^

That would be super duper great ::):

You are my hero!!!