Fantasy Vignette...Fifi; Tentacle Attack...

catdancer

This is the (5th) completed fantasy vignette as listed on my (WIP) forum vignette projects posted on Oct. 2, 2013.

VIGNETTE TITLE...FIFI; TENTACLE ATTACK...

FIGURE...REAPER (# 50084)...Brigitte, Naughty French Maid...

NOTE...There are no photos posted of this vignette here due to the fact that the figure is an exposed topless figure...and as all of you should know by now...I have no idea as to how to do links to an off site posting...It is posted on my FB album(s)...but to view these albums requires a submitted and approved by me (friend request) to/on my (FB) page. My (FB) address is [email protected]

I am sorry that I am such a computer " idiot "...I think that it is a very cute & simple vignette!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394466737323010&l=e7b838042c

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394468023989548&l=c62f70df65

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394468373989513&l=414448e8a3

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=394477763988574&l=ee230e7b41

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 10

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTE...The (Fifi; Tentacle Attack) is based upon the attached comic art illustration...but executed outdoors...using the above stated Reaper figure. I would love to give credit to the artist of the illustration (but I have no data/information on the person).post-11942-0-24818100-1382468203_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Catdancer, if you've posted the images on facebook there is a link you can obtain for each one that will let anyone who has the link see that one particular image, even if they don't have a Facebook account of their own.

To find the link for a specific image do the following:

• Go to the album where the image is
  • Click on the image
  • The next step depends on how the image is shown to you:
    • If the image opens in the "lightbox viewer" as a popup overlay, look for the text "Options" on the right side of the bottom edge of the image and click it to open a list of actions
    • If the image opens as it's own Facebook page, scroll down until you see a list of actions below the image on the right
  • Click the "get link" action

• Copy the link in the "Share Photo" dialog that appears

Here's an example using a photo of one of my cats. I've set the "Shared" setting to be "Friends" instead of public, so only my friends can see it unless someone has the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150375369535815&l=e68eb30a00

Also, to create a link in a post, just paste in the web address and the system will automatically turn it into a clickable link.

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 2

Catdancer, if you've posted the images on facebook there is a link you can obtain for each one that will let anyone who has the link see that one particular image, even if they don't have a Facebook account of their own.

To find the link for a specific image do the following:

• Go to the album where the image is
  • Click on the image
  • The next step depends on how the image is shown to you:
    • If the image opens in the "lightbox viewer" as a popup overlay, look for the text "Options" on the right side of the bottom edge of the image and click it to open a list of actions
    • If the image opens as it's own Facebook page, scroll down until you see a list of actions below the image on the right
  • Click the "get link" action

• Copy the link in the "Share Photo" dialog that appears

Here's an example using a photo of one of my cats. I've set the "Shared" setting to be "Friends" instead of public, so only my friends can see it unless someone has the following link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150375369535815&l=e68eb30a00

Also, to create a link in a post, just paste in the web address and the system will automatically turn it into a clickable link.

Thank you for your time & instructions...As I stated above & prior...I am a complete " computer idiot " and know very little about computer operations/options...the following is what I did trying to follow your instructions (the end results were unsuccessful)...what am I doing wrong?

1. I went to the album where my image(s) are located...

2. I selected and clicked on the image...It popped up as a standard full page photo as part of my (FB) album...

3. I go to the bottom of the photo and click (OPTIONS)...

4. I get a selection list that includes (GET LINK)...

5. I click (GET LINK) and get a small insert that has my web address (IN BLUE)...

6. I (RIGHT CLICK) the (BLUE ADDRESS)...

7. I get a selection list that includes (COPY)...

8. I (RIGHT CLICK)...(COPY) & (OKAY)...

9. I leave and return to my SHOW OFF forum posting...select where I want to place address and (RIGHT CLICK)...

10. I get a selection list of options...(but the list does not contain the option to paste)....I have been told in the past that I have to paste the/my address here to get a link.

So the end results were that nothing (no address) was posted...others have given me varied step-by-step directions similar to what you provided...and all have been unsuccessful...I really do not know what I am doing when to comes to (left click/right click...copy...paste...do a link...etc)...but I am trying very hard to understand...But it seems that I am doing something wrong...and I have no idea as to what it is or where I am doing it)

Catdancer: Try the same steps, only with the following checks and changes:

• Before starting, open a simple text editor application (notepad on windows, I don't know what it would be on a mac).
  • After step 8, go to the text editor and use one of the following actions to paste the link:
    • On the main menu Edit > Paste
    • Keyboard: Press CTRL+V (I believe it's Command+V on a mac).
    • Right click context menu Paste.

That should paste the link into the empty text editor, proving that you've actually captured it. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what's going on and you can ignore the rest of this post.

If you've successfully captured the link you then need to EDIT your post to insert it (which you may be doing, but you didn't mention it specifically) so change steps 9 and 10 to the following:

9. return to SHOW OFF forum posting

10. Click on the "Edit" action for the post you want to add the link to. (This is shown in light grey text at the bottom of the post on the right side.)

11. In the text editor that opens, scroll to the place where you want to put the link

12. Use one of the following actions to paste the link:

• On the toolbar click the paste icon (it looks like a clipboard with a lined piece of paper in front of it and should be fourth from the right end on the top toolbar)
  • Keyboard: CTRL+V (Command+V on a mac).

Hopefully that works. ^_^

• Like 2

Catdancer: Try the same steps, only with the following checks and changes:

• Before starting, open a simple text editor application (notepad on windows, I don't know what it would be on a mac).
  • After step 8, go to the text editor and use one of the following actions to paste the link:
    • On the main menu Edit > Paste
    • Keyboard: Press CTRL+V (I believe it's Command+V on a mac).

That should paste the link into the empty text editor, proving that you've actually captured it. If that doesn't work I'm not sure what's going on and you can ignore the rest of this post.

If you've successfully captured the link you then need to EDIT your post to insert it (which you may be doing, but you didn't mention it specifically) so change steps 9 and 10 to the following:

9. return to SHOW OFF forum posting

10. Click on the "Edit" action for the post you want to add the link to. (This is shown in light grey text at the bottom of the post on the right side.)

11. In the text editor that opens, scroll to the place where you want to put the link

• On the toolbar click the paste icon (it looks like a clipboard with a lined piece of paper in front of it and should be fourth from the right end on the top toolbar)
  • Keyboard: CTRL+V (Command+V on a mac).

Hopefully that works. ^_^

Thank you for your quick secondary response. I am sad to say that I have no idea as to what I am supposed to do in regard to this secondary response...Your very first line of instruction got me completely lost...I have no idea as to what a simple text editor application is...where I might find such a thing...or how to use it!...I have no idea what a (mac) means...my computer is an HP 2010i and I have Windows 7.

lol! Sorry Catdancer! I guess I didn't dial the instructions back quite far enough. :down:

You don't actually need the step with the text editor, I was just suggesting it as a quick way to confirm that the "copy" action was actually storing the link for the image from the little dialog. If you want to try it then trystangst is correct about how to open "notepad" on windows - Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad ("Accessories" is a folder on the "All Programs" section of the start menu, Notepad is one of the applications inside it). This is a very basic application that just lets you type text with no fancy formatting (e.g. no italics or bold or anything like that). You can save the results as a "text file" if you want to but, if you do this step, you shouldn't bother in this case - just exist from it, selecting "Don't Save" when it asks if you want to save your file.

If you decide not to worry about confirming that the text of the link has been copied, you can just do everything up to step 8 like you did before and then replace steps 9 & 10 with the steps 9, 10, 11 & 12:

9. Return to SHOW OFF forum posting

10. Click on the "Edit" action for the post you want to add the link to. (This appears as light grey text at the bottom of the post on the right side, just to the left of the "MultiQuote" button.)

11. In the text editor that is displayed on the page, scroll to the place in the text of the post where you want to put the link and click with the mouse pointer right where you want to insert the link text. This should cause a flashing vertical line appear at the insertion point. If, when you click, one or more words becomes highlighted in blue, click again right where you want to insert the link so that the highlight disappears.

• Keyboard press CTRL+V (that is, hold down one of the keys with "Ctrl" printed on it and then press the "V" key at the same time)
Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 4

lol! Sorry Catdancer! I guess I didn't dial the instructions back quite far enough. :down:

You don't actually need the step with the text editor, I was just suggesting it as a quick way to confirm that the "copy" action was actually storing the link for the image from the little dialog. If you want to try it then trystangst is correct about how to open "notepad" on windows - Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad ("Accessories" is a folder on the "All Programs" section of the start menu, Notepad is one of the applications inside it). This is a very basic application that just lets you type text with no fancy formatting (e.g. no italics or bold or anything like that). You can save the results as a "text file" if you want to but, if you do this step, you shouldn't bother in this case - just exist from it, selecting "Don't Save" when it asks if you want to save your file.

If you decide not to worry about confirming that the text of the link has been copied, you can just do everything up to step 8 like you did before and then replace steps 9 & 10 with the steps 9, 10, 11 & 12:

9. Return to SHOW OFF forum posting

10. Click on the "Edit" action for the post you want to add the link to. (This appears as light grey text at the bottom of the post on the right side, just to the left of the "MultiQuote" button.)

11. In the text editor that is displayed on the page, scroll to the place in the text of the post where you want to put the link and click with the mouse pointer right where you want to insert the link text. This should cause a flashing vertical line appear at the insertion point. If, when you click, one or more words becomes highlighted in blue, click again right where you want to insert the link so that the highlight disappears.

• Keyboard press CTRL+V (that is, hold down one of the keys with "Ctrl" printed on it and then press the "V" key at the same time)

Thank you ever so much (you are a true Enchantress)...I followed my process above that you had outlined and added your last steps and...to my greatest surprise and joy...IT WORKED!

Thank you for your time and painstaking diligence and step-by-step instructions...I can truly say that I learned something new on the computer...from you...

Paul

• Like 3