Woot! Got my first 'sample' paint bottle...

SamuraiJack

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did indeed get this sample in my package today.

The runs are random, though. Even if I order the same time. Just before christmas last year, and into earl this year, lots of people were getting samples and I didn't see hide nor hair of one. Now lots.

I wish I had known how loverly clockwork brass really was. I'd have hoarded up on it. It's not just a good metallic for a master series (I found the MSP recipe a little less awesome than the pro paint recipe) - it's one of the best metallics I've ever seen.

I hope it someday finds its way into the regular line, because it's the perfect complement to a certain geared wyrm.

• Like 4

Never got a sample with any of my orders, I must just be unlucky. Also wish there were ways to get the "special" colors like the clockwork brass that they do for events outside that event. Especially when so many people say the color is great.

Woo! I got lucky with my latest order (of course, it was all paint and a single figurine, so I was hoping that they'd throw in a sample).

Thing is, though, it's defying my ability to figure out what color it is.

In the bottle, it looks super duper dark purple. If I put down a drop of it, it looks super duper dark blue. If I paint a thin layer of it onto my palette, it looks bluish gray. If I paint a thick line onto my palette, it looks black.

:huh:

I'm, uh...going to label this one "Ninja Shadow" and call it good.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

Going back and actually reading that article, it looks like you're right! (I only skimmed it earlier)

Sweetness. This is definitely going to be finding its way into a lot of shadows/shading in the future!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

I do like the fact that reaper dose send out sample bottles of paint, I just wish the bottles had the color name on it so that if we really like a color and it gose into production we would know what to get.

The problem with this is that most are either mistakes from batches of existing colors that didn't come out quite right, or experiments for new colors that didn't make the cut. Most wouldn't be reproducible even if they wanted to make more, and any eventual retail paint would be somewhat different.
  • Like 3