Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As I mentioned elsewhere, I have been working on mounting my large fire elemental on a base incorporating an LED 'tealight candle' Up until today that has mostly been a matter of gathering the bits andmaking a plan. Today though the plan has begun to come together.


Of course as I am writing this, I realise I have yet to take a picture of the base by itself. Oh well,next time.


Here it is though, showing the elemental sitting on the base (mounting points haven't been added yet) giving an idea on how it's going to look.



  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

for me, a smaller base isn't an issue. I am going to add a couple of pins in the base to hold the elemental in place, but leave him removable for gameplay. Mostly this is for display.


Corporea, No doubt. The material, the ease in which you can do things, and the price that makes mistakes far easier to deal with, makes Bones, especially the translucent ones, so much fun for this sort of thing

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so far the base is coming along nicely.



I am currently working out a cap to fit over the light and seal up the seams there to render them mostly invisible. The fire elemental though, he's not working out so well, and is going for a simple green swim as soon as his task in sorting out the base is completed. I am thinking I am going to have to get some tamiya clear yellow paint, as my GW yellow ink just doesn't seem to cut it for adding colour to the hot spots. I am beginning to think Reaper should have done these guys in a more yellowy orange

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By lexomatic
      I decided to do the Mystic Circle so I could do all kinds of occult and folk horror scenarios.
      Currently "cooking" in the utility sink. The base parts were pretty warped. I may glue them to some foamcore for a little extra stability, but mostly traced, because I need to keep them " modular" for storage (the arches, I think they still qualify as dolmens, but I forget, will get pulled on and off. Unless it really doesn't work ).

      This will likely be an all June project, because I had an unexpected computer death and porch reno and need to deal with that.
    • By Iridil
      Some quick paints for the table. The pirate is a good demonstration of why I don't try sculpting - in addition he had a lot of casting problems in his legs and feet, so.... he will do but I kind of cringe. The shroud was a very quick paint - I cut the hands off, because it seemed more creepy that way

    • By Iridil
      More from May - the cultist pair 77518. I also added in my other recently painted pair (77351) with cirlce and I think they make a nice grouping. 

    • By Geoff Davis
      My first time painting a chibi figure.  Probably not the last.  Painting this made me feel happy.


    • By lexomatic
      My 3 year old had been exploring my basement paintbstation and fallen in love with the "elephant. " Yesterday I glued and primed it for painting. About 60% got covered in rainbow splotches of  craft paint
      before child abandoned the project to play with recently varnished terrain.

      I smoothed out all the blobs of paint to vaguely cover everything in a greenish/pinkish/brownish grey.

      We may paint more, or else I'll paint some eyes and seal it.
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 1 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...