Talae

[OPEN/Group] Female Cloud Giant 77162

In honor of the Kickstarter ending this weekend, a few of us from my gaming group decided to paint the same mini. I thought that I should open it up to all of you as well. We are painting:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/cloud%20giant/latest/77162

The Female Cloud Giant was in the Vampire pledge level and is a wonderful piece of art. I hope to see a few of you joining in with us.

(I personally am about half done and will try and get some pics posted soon).

• Like 2

Here's my work on her so far...needs washes, methinks.
post-12746-0-35629800-1382843019_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

At some point I'll get around to painting her. I have several, lol. Due to the limited number of sculpts for the Cloud/Storm sub races I'm taking inspiration from the old Ninja Turtle games where different types of badguys all used the same sprites but with different color schemes. ::D:

• Like 2

I put some work into this mini recently, but just got a new phone yesterday. I am going to try and put some effort into getting some pics uploaded tomorrow for you guys. In the meantime, I would love to see others try their hand at this mini.

Here she is as of yesterday. Since this I have painted the metal bits with Antique Gold. The pictures were taken with my phone and don't show off the skin as much as they could.

post-8303-0-85734200-1384179942_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks! I think you can see the blending a little better in the front pic. I will try and get a shot or two of how she looks now.

Originally I wanted to do a version of her done up like Freya from Valkrie Profile... but I'm seeing now I'll have to do some sculpting to get the costume right. I may wait for this conversion until I've got some sculpting expirence under my belt. Next time I make it to a convention I am definately doing some sculpting classes.

• Like 1

Took her outside for some quick pics before starting on highlighting her cloth and doing some touch up work.

post-8303-0-66410800-1384183159_thumb.jpg

post-8303-0-34949100-1384183420_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some touch ups and hit the cloth with highlights.

You might want to try and make her right pupil a tad larger. From what I can see in the pic, her left eye looks normal sized but the right eye looks like she's been hitting the coffee a tad much.

The skin and the armor are looking sweet so far.

• Like 1

You've come a long way with this figure and your painting has definitely improved a great deal.

I would make some suggestions about her eyes. They are very important in any figure and particularly in a figure this large where they can really be seen. Right now, the lining on the eyes is too dark for her skin tone. I would back that down to a blue/black. You actually can work around that pupil with a colour as there is plenty of room for it. Keep that black you have as a central point and then work a circle of blue or green around it. You will get the look of a real eye that way.

• Like 4