Zombie Apocalypse Objectives

Dr.Bedlam

OBJECTIVE: Obtain three units of medical supplies and return to your deployment area to win.

Medical supplies may be found in the Hospital (one unit per figure searching, but the place is crawling with zombies, and you can't fight and search in the same round), in Police Cars (fifty fifty chance of finding one unit of supplies, one search only) or in Ambulances (one search only, 1d6 units of supplies).

The hospital is in the middle of the terrain board. There are two police cars, randomly placed. The ambulance is on the far side of the board from your deployment area. However, there are only twenty zombies on the board in the streets at the moment... but that could change the moment someone opens fire.

What do you do?
tumblr_mvclkzTPYu1rao9jio1_500.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hospital sounds like a mug's game. I think we should try for the ambulance, and hopefully pass a police car along the way - with an average roll, we should be able to pick up the supplies we need and get back a lot easier than sticking our (generative organs) into an anthill.

• Like 2

Erifnogard: Thank you. It's a stock toy I bought at Albertson's, with painted blood.

Last Knight: You are correct. Entering the hospital moves the game to the indoor map, and that place is ALIVE with frickin' zombies, and nearly no room to move. Supplies may not be searched for until AFTER you get past the reception area; drugs and bandages are NOT found at the reception desk, but three separate hallways DO feed into the reception area, meaning once you fight your way past it, two other hallways will begin dispensing zombies INTO the reception area, 1d2 per hallway per turn, and that's not even counting whatever comes up in the main hallway you took to get to the supply area. In short, luck alone will dictate if you can get out of the hospital alive. Either that, or a good sized team of survivors, lots of ammo, and strong tactics. And even then, they reinforce every turn; you don't.

CashWiley, Thrym: Viable option. This is why multiplayer games often turn into bloodbaths... much like the actual zombie movies they're based on.

Next: I bought a great little 28mm taco truck today! Now to find metal shutters and gun barrels to add, that it may become the Zombie Survival Taco Truck of the Zombie Apocalypse!

• Like 6

I recommend ZOMBIE DAZE from Frontline Games, although for a wild and woolly multiplayer game in which the zombies play themselves based on programmed rules, I find ALL THINGS ZOMBIE skirmish rules (NOT the boardgame) from Two Hour Wargames to work well.

A multiplayer game, in which all players have their own team of survivors, will quickly turn into a bloodbath. However, this is not necessarily a bad thing, considering this seems to happen a LOT in zombie movies. In particular, one game I played with three players worked out VERY MUCH like several first season episodes of "The Walking Dead" that revolved around a big bag of guns lying in a street in downtown Atlanta.

tumblr_mvcy7tjDMy1rao9jio1_500.jpg

• Like 2

I recommend ZOMBIE DAZE from Frontline Games, although for a wild and woolly multiplayer game in which the zombies play themselves based on programmed rules, I find ALL THINGS ZOMBIE skirmish rules (NOT the boardgame) from Two Hour Wargames to work well.

I really enjoy All Things Zombie. My friends and I have played two seperate ATZ scenarios set around game conventions. In one, some of the zombies were convention goers in costume so it was risky to indescriminately gun them down. But if you waited, it gave the real zombies a chance to activate against you. In the other game, the goal was to escape by appropriating automobiles. The players had to find car keys (in dead guys pockets) then they had to find the correct car in the lot for a given key. If the key was wrong there was a 1 in 6 chance of setting off a car alarm which attracted more zombies. My group set off four alarms and my leader went down fighting off about 20 zombies.

It looked something like this

post-7580-0-28966900-1383261414_thumb.jpg

Buckyball

Edited by buckyball
  • Like 2

what happens if I dial 911? Will the police car come to my location?

Ahahahahahaha. No.

Plainly, someone has never seen what the zombie horde did to the Raccoon City Police Department in "Resident Evil II." The game, not the movie.

Still think the movie makers missed a trick by not sticking closer to the game. Trying to get out of the Raccoon City PD building while it's infested with police zombies and worse things was creepy beyond belief.

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 1

what happens if I dial 911? Will the police car come to my location?

Ahahahahahaha. No.

Plainly, someone has never seen what the zombie horde did to the Raccoon City Police Department in "Resident Evil II." The game, not the movie.

Still think the movie makers missed a trick by not sticking closer to the game. Trying to get out of the Raccoon City PD building while it's infested with police zombies and worse things was creepy beyond belief.

The birds on the upper floor. *shudder*