Questions About the Kickstarter, now that it is over

Reaperbryan

Were there any plans for more Expansions (#4+) during Bones II, or were the first three the only ones planned (given they were a new twist on the campaign)?

To add to this, was Dragon's Don't Share II's optional component split out a reaction to the numerous calls to split up expansions?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any plans for more Expansions (#4+) during Bones II, or were the first three the only ones planned (given they were a new twist on the campaign)?

If it had been cruising along at a much faster rate, more expansions would have been introduced to keep it going. Likely, however, as with the Thank You set, we'd have done it as one big reveal. Depends, really. If the uptick had started earlier, we'd have enacted plans for an accelerated last few days.

Just a rough estimate, I was curious as to how many more stretch goals you had if we reached a higher number than the bit over Pi? I don't mean specifics about WHAT stretch goals, just a general idea of the "best case, we break tons of crazy records" kinds of goals you had thought up.

We condensed a few goals into the thank you - originally that was going to be the first 1/2 of Expansion 4. Do "how many" is as flexible as we want it to be...

On the topic of breaking all the records, do you plan out what the end goals are regardless of how high it gets? For example - had the total been in the 5m range, would we have gotten more basic figures and ended on DDSII, Khanjira, and the Thank you? Or would those have been placed where they are and then followed by other stuff?

I suspect the former, but am curious.

DDS2 and Khanjira were going to be revealed in the last 24 hours, regardless, yes. Thank you would have partially been Expansion 4. Ever changing, the goal pattern was.

Jason Wiebe has started work on some trees, and we're looking at casualty potions, too. We did 2 for Warlord that people seemed to like.

Trees? in bones? any chance there will be a release soon?

Not within the quarter, soon. And I cannot speak further than that.

To add to this, was Dragon's Don't Share II's optional component split out a reaction to the numerous calls to split up expansions?

That was the plan from Day one. DDS was intended to be our test bed for that idea.

Hi Bryan and gang,

iirc it was mentioned that sculpt updates would go out the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month (whether or not there were updates to show). Happens to be that today is the first Friday of the month. Any chance we'll see an update (or an update stating that there is no update) regarding the progress made with the sculpts?

• Like 1

Ooo, here's one!

Why so many Greys? I mean, there's as many of them as skeletons, even, but I know tons of folks who use skeles, and very few who use aliens of any sort, let alone these guys... I never even heard anyone request them. I like the little dudes, sure, I'm just wondering why we get eight sculpts + Shuttle Bob, rather than, say, three or four sculpts, Shuttle Bob, and some other aliens? Or more IMEF, or a gryphon... :down::upside:

Either way, I'm getting two of three, so I'll have 16 of the little guys to paint. Gonna do some silence, gonna do some greys, and I was thinking they might make good frames for someone new to greenstuff to build around, if you know anything about that? If you have any other ideas, I'd love em, too... SO MANY GREYS!

Ooo, here's one!

Why so many Greys? I mean, there's as many of them as skeletons, even, but I know tons of folks who use skeles, and very few who use aliens of any sort, let alone these guys... I never even heard anyone request them. I like the little dudes, sure, I'm just wondering why we get eight sculpts + Shuttle Bob, rather than, say, three or four sculpts, Shuttle Bob, and some other aliens? Or more IMEF, or a gryphon... :down::upside:

Either way, I'm getting two of three, so I'll have 16 of the little guys to paint. Gonna do some silence, gonna do some greys, and I was thinking they might make good frames for someone new to greenstuff to build around, if you know anything about that? If you have any other ideas, I'd love em, too... SO MANY GREYS!

You just haven't been on the right forums! Greys are in high demand amongst the Sci/Fi crowd.

Huh! I was mostly in the KS comments and the main KS threads, I'll admit... Still, I'm glad you guys got what you wanted, then! Like I said, I can think of a couple cool ideas for these... I actually had a fair few ideas for these, even though I don't do sci/fi, so I'm happy to get a lot of them. I actually like the shuttle less... still, that puts me in the minority, I think; I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who couldn't get E3 but just needs a little saucer... Or I might paint it up for my dad.

Back on topic - Any chance we could get a set of pictures of the various large models in someone's hands? Next to each other is very nice, of course, but I am super bad at figuring out scales. Even Sir Forescale can't help me! I just can't grasp the physical volume of the object like that... even just next to a can of coke or something'd be a big help. Forescale just lacks the heft to help me make comparisons...

Also - so we get three Dragons Teeth in E3, right? I gotta say, I love them & the jersey barrier...

Edited by Aard_Rinn

I am totally calling it Steve, now.

On topic:

Will any of the core set (the skeleton on the throne, in particular) come in multiple parts, or are we going to have to un-glue them again?

As last time, Most of the Core will be assembled, most of the Options will not.

I can understand the Core being assembled for the Kickstarter, but what about the retail version of the figures in the Core? Will they be assembled as well?

As I recall, part-way through fulfillment of the last Kickstarter you discovered a disproportionately high error rate with Kaladrax that prompted you to open boxes and check them before they went out. Have you had a chance to discuss this with the factory officers and if so, what measures did/will they take to assure you that a similar error rate won't occur in models from this kickstarter?

I am totally calling it Steve, now.

On topic:

Will any of the core set (the skeleton on the throne, in particular) come in multiple parts, or are we going to have to un-glue them again?

As last time, Most of the Core will be assembled, most of the Options will not.

I can understand the Core being assembled for the Kickstarter, but what about the retail version of the figures in the Core? Will they be assembled as well?

I expect they will be assembled just as they were for the Kickstarter, just like last year's KS. The only difference between the KS reward and KS retail figures has been the packaging.

Will there be Bones I & II supporter icons for the forums for those that pledged both?

Maybe have the current Bones supporter icon available to those who pledged in either kickstarter, and have the same icon but with a shiny gold border available to those who backed both.