Sign in to follow this  
Boussole

60077: Baba Yaga

Hello all! Long time no post~ I've been busy cleaning and gluing all of my Super Dungeon Explore mini's together so I haven't painted anything in a while. Here's mini # 5, which I finished (in March) for my husband's birthday. He's a huge fan of Russia and Baba Yaga, and of Bilibin's version of her especially:

th_Bilibin_Baba_Yaga_zpsc065237b.jpg

I used her as a basis for my color scheme and I had a lot of fun with it! The staining on her hands took forever to do (there's at least 20 layers there), but they look fantastic in person! I chose to leave off the bundle of stick that the mini originally came with as I felt like they were just sort of floating on her back. I'll probably paint them up later as birch twigs and add them to a diorama my husband's been pestering me for~

008FrontLeft1small_zpse959c7c1.jpg

005Back1small_zps51cffddc.jpg

003Right1small_zpsce48483a.jpg

Comments and critiques appreciated.

• Like 19

Fantastic mini. I was pulling for this one to be bonesified in KS2. Would love to have seen a chicken legged hut.

And great job on it also!

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 1

I think if Reaper/Pathfinder released her chicken hut, my husband would completely lose his mind!

...And then make me stay home from work until I'd finished painting it for him~

I think if Reaper/Pathfinder released her chicken hut, my husband would completely lose his mind!

...And then make me stay home from work until I'd finished painting it for him~

There was a good couple hours where the Kickstarter comments section was convinced the hut was coming. Maybe longer, who knows. They had me believing it was bound to happen. Especially when the stretch goal map revealed a witch outside her hut.

Love how you painted that Baba! Years ago I saw a mini for a chicken legged hut but I haven't been able to find it again. I have a medieval russian army and I thought of throwing in Baba Yaga and her hut as some fantasy magical support for them.