Ask Reaperbryan Anything*!

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your favorite moment (as a GM or player) from all of your gaming sessions?

There's a long story, but the relatively quick version is a Call of C'thulhu game, I had a character that ended up in an asylum, and roleplayed out the actual Mythos encounters as psychiatric therapy sessions. Once as tory required action, we'd play out the flashbacks there at the table, and then back to the asylum to talk about the aftermath, etc. When a PC would die, we'd all notice that his chair in the Group therapy room was now empty, and the therapist would applaud us for having a breakthrough - we'd been (according to him) hallucinating that character as part of the therapy for months.

Brilliant. At the end, I was one of 2 PCs to live, and I had to undergo electroshock therapy, and I as a player was happy that I got to die that way....

What is your favorite moment (as a GM or player) from all of your gaming sessions?

There's a long story, but the relatively quick version is a Call of C'thulhu game, I had a character that ended up in an asylum, and roleplayed out the actual Mythos encounters as psychiatric therapy sessions. Once as tory required action, we'd play out the flashbacks there at the table, and then back to the asylum to talk about the aftermath, etc. When a PC would die, we'd all notice that his chair in the Group therapy room was now empty, and the therapist would applaud us for having a breakthrough - we'd been (according to him) hallucinating that character as part of the therapy for months.

Brilliant. At the end, I was one of 2 PCs to live, and I had to undergo electroshock therapy, and I as a player was happy that I got to die that way....

Part of the reason there are not-Sucker Punch girls in the Chronoscope lines?

Sounds like a fun campaign though.

Played a schizophrenic character once. Basically made two PCs and ran them from the same body.

• Like 5

You sound much more friendly then our CoC play. One of our characters went insane. He joined the other side. One of our PCs went to investigate some cult activity with him. That PC was hit over the head. When he woke up the other PC was standing over him with a knife. That sacrifice opened up a time portal and sent the rest of our party to the Triasic. We are still back there!

• Like 3

This was well before Sucker Punch, which I have still not seen.

Did you like Heavy Metal? The original cartoon film? Sucker Punch is best thought of as live-action Heavy Metal. Without giving anything away, if that old movie isn't your bag then you'll very likely hate Sucker Punch. It's... divisive.

(but I love it)

• Like 5

This was well before Sucker Punch, which I have still not seen.

Did you like Heavy Metal? The original cartoon film? Sucker Punch is best thought of as live-action Heavy Metal. Without giving anything away, if that old movie isn't your bag then you'll very likely hate Sucker Punch. It's... divisive.

(but I love it)

Heavy Metal at least didn't try to be preachy. The emotion and the action sequences in Sucker Punch didn't blend well, and the emotional stuff kind of ended up bleh. It made me actually kind of feel kind of bad for enjoying some parts of the film. At least Heavy Metal was only concerned with Beefcake and Cheesecake. Sucker Punch tries to make a film based on exploitation and the sex trade, and then thrusts 5 scantily-clad bodies in your face. The whole time the awesome action sequences are going on you feel dirty because you know what they actually are. It's like "here, feel bad for watching this whole movie you pervert".

Inception came out the year before, and it was a far better dreams-within-dreams movie, but the action sequences in SP, if you could separate them from their meaning (ie, the way the trailers portrayed them) then it is a very awesome visual ride. It's practically every teenager's action-hero wet dream. It's what you get when your sister wanted to play Barbie while you were playing GI Joe. Watching a bunch of hot women in a B52 fly over a medieval battlefield to battle a dragon while "White Rabbit" is playing was incredibly satisfying.

The movie is pretty awesome, but Snyder could have left out the "Sucker Punch", and just focused on the action (and explained some of what the f&$# is going on), it would have been a pretty good movie.

*Quickly checks his paints* Whew, no Buglips particulates floating around in the pigments! You had me worried there for a moment.

Well, how did you think they increased the opacity of the paint? Lol :-)

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1