Ask Reaperbryan Anything*!

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Muppets were so very, very un-PC back in the day. I think their inane bland sweetness is contributing to a generation of hypersensitive, thin skinned, humourless wimps.

Dealing with offence, conflict and outrageous human foibles are all core skills for life.

I understand there is a DVD of early Sesame Street material.

I understand it carries a warning that it must not be shown to children.

EDIT: My children learned the words "prefabricated homunculus" at an early age because of my reaction to Elmo.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 15

The Muppets were so very, very un-PC back in the day. I think their inane bland sweetness is contributing to a generation of hypersensitive, thin skinned, humourless wimps.

Dealing with offence, conflict and outrageous human foibles are all core skills for life.

EDIT: My children learned the words "prefabricated homunculus" at an early age because of my reaction to Elmo.

prefabricated homuculus? Seriously? Have I ever told you how awesome you are Pingo, because YOU...ARE....AWESOME!!!

edited for underlining :upside:

Edited by ShadowRaven
  • Like 7

first the not work related question:

"Sweet or Dill pickles?"

I personally can't stand sweet pickles, vinegar and cheese are not supposed to be sweet (if you haven't figured it out I am not fond of cheesecake either, except for the photos)

and now the semi work related one:

can this thread be pinned, it is one of the most amusing I've found and it gets kind of hard to find it among the others when no one has posted in a while?

1) Both, but only sweet pickles as the baby gherkins or in B&B chips. Otherwise, Kosher Dill. Actually, I generally prefer Kosher versions of foods, with the exception of Kosher Hot Dogs, which I find lacking in every respect.

2) I could, but I like seeing how near the top it is after I miss a few days of being able to log on.

My children learned the words "prefabricated homunculus" at an early age because of my reaction to Elmo.

Pingo, I saw the above phrase in my Facebook Feed long before I saw this post. Now I have context. Thank You.

what are your thoughts on the Edison vs Tesla debate? (I am, of course, referring to Nikola Tesla and not the car company from Texas. Although it would be interesting to see a model S go up against Thomas Edison, in theory at least.)

Woah, woah. Let's try to keep this out of Beekeepers'. :devil:

Just sayin'... that particular question can get... heated... responses. :)

-Dave

Edit to add 2nd smiley; in the hopes no one is actually offended. I can be hard to translate at times.

Edited by dispatchdave
  • Like 2

As I understand it, this is also why a huge number of the old Looney Tuns shorts never see air anymore. Too un-PC. Too much drinking and smoking, etc.

Bryan, do you have a favorite animated short?

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 3

the funny thing about that Sesame Street Dvd is that although it was clearly labled "NOT for Children" (caps from the original sticker) we stocked it in the children's/family section when I worked for a certain bullseye logo'ed big box chain store. (This was four years ago, I am not responsible for the data breach.)

the funny thing about that Sesame Street Dvd is that although it was clearly labled "NOT for Children" (caps from the original sticker) we stocked it in the children's/family section when I worked for a certain bullseye logo'ed big box chain store. (This was four years ago, I am not responsible for the data breach.)
And to tie all of this back into the thread, did you ever work retail, Bryan? What jobs have you held in your life? Which, other than Reaper, was your favorite?