Ask Reaperbryan Anything*!

Reaperbryan

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever had a Flake bar? What about Aero or Crunchie? We don't have those locally here but my family sends care packages around the holidays with them.

I've never heard of a Flake bar myself but Aero (especially the Mint version) is one of my top three, and Crunchie is somewhere in the top 10. Where is your family located?

• Like 1

The Flake bar is okay, but I'm not fussy about it. I do agree about the mint Aero's though and I'd add the orange ones. I like the Aero balls over the bars though.

Meh. I tried the orange Aero bar, because I like orange+chocolate (Terry's Oranges are a Christmas favourite) but found I wasn't thrilled by them.

Also, even though I generally prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate, I do not recommend the Dark Aero bar - it's almost like the bubbles don't "melt properly" so the texture is all wrong for an "all chocolate" Aero. bleh. Dark KitKat though ... yum!

Ever had a Flake bar? What about Aero or Crunchie? We don't have those locally here but my family sends care packages around the holidays with them.

I've never heard of a Flake bar myself but Aero (especially the Mint version) is one of my top three, and Crunchie is somewhere in the top 10. Where is your family located?

Mint Aero bars are the ones we usually get too.

My Mom is British (moved here in high school) and her parents send the candy. They live in Seattle now, so often get it from Canada to save on the postage from other family in England.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this was previously asked, but: Dark, Milk or White Chocolate?

Also, what's your favourite chocolate/candy bar of the "found at a typical corner grocery store" variety?

And if that isn't also your favourite candy, what is?

"white" is not chocolate. It's boring sugar candy.

Do you like additives in your chocolates (such as crispies, almonds, fruit)? If so, what sort?

Gonturzaps.

• Like 3

Also, what's your favourite chocolate/candy bar of the "found at a typical corner grocery store" variety?

"white" is not chocolate. It's boring sugar candy.

Do you like additives in your chocolates (such as crispies, almonds, fruit)? If so, what sort?

Gonturzaps.

*Real* white chocolate is a fragrant, melting aromatic treat redolent of cream and chocolate with all bitterness removed.

"White confection" and the similar rubbish which is usually sold as "white" (leaving out the "chocolate") chips or candy bark is a nasty melange of crisco, trans-fats, sugar, and artificial vanilla flavoring.

• Like 4

I think he is asking if money/training/ability was no barrier what else would be your dream job if you could not work at reaper.

... what would my 2nd choice for dream job be? Because I kind of have the first choice...

ok, I guess I'd work at Darksword...

Bryan: Will you be voting Gonturzap 2014?

I refuse to discuss my politics outside of beekeepers, where I will not in fact shut about them.

Bryan. Since you've already met George R R Martin, and now George Takei, which famous George is next on your list to meet?

Romero

Dark. Butterfinger. Fruity Gummies.

Never heard of them.

Our commonwealth is kept united by the Queen on our money and our shared candy brands. Every time I eat a Tim Tam I am overwhelmed with feelings of fraternal unity.

I ordered a couple of minis direct from Hasselfree last year and the came with a handful of assorted British candies in the box. I was quite nonplussed.

• Like 3