Yephima, completed

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really lovely shading on the skirt! The eyes look great! If you want for the hair- you could try using a wash of a dark gray or black in the crevices to help define individual strands and add some contrast. If you do this you may have to go back and hit some of your highlights if it darkens the hair too much. Nice shading on the skin!

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone!!!! The hair was one of those things that the more I kept messing with it, the more odd it came out. I didn't want to risk wiping it and ruining the skin and skirt so I blended it with a blackish/grey, white, very light blue to try to blend it better.

• Like 1

The hair looks good- I like the blending. And I like how you've chosen the highlights for it! Sometimes when I do hair I'll put down a basecoat of a middletone. Then I'll wash the whole hair in a dark color to use as a shadow in the crevices. Then I'll do my highlights. I've got a thread where I tried to show some steps here if you want. You're doing great!

• Like 1

The hair looks good- I like the blending. And I like how you've chosen the highlights for it! Sometimes when I do hair I'll put down a basecoat of a middletone. Then I'll wash the whole hair in a dark color to use as a shadow in the crevices. Then I'll do my highlights. I've got a thread where I tried to show some steps here if you want. You're doing great!

Oh wow that is awesome! Yeah I used a basecoat that was too dark on her hair and it definitely affected my highlighting and blending. You're definitely right that a middle ground color would be better. I'll make sure to remember that next time. Well, later on today when I do more painting :p

• Like 1