Speculation: CAV Bones Kickstarter

Bonwirn

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a boxed set for terrain, I think some sort of game mat or else some "battle map tiles" that can be put together would be great, plus some cardstock cut-out buildings, platforms, or other structures to provide some cover. (Not just plain ol' boxes. Let's get some hexagons, a few angles -- something that just screams "It's the FUUUUUTURE!" rather than plain ol' 90-degree angle skyscrapers.) For structures meant to hold figures on top of them, the cardstock would need to be sturdy enough to support Bones. If you're going to mix in pewter models, I suppose a bit of further reinforcement would be in order, but that'd be a job for the purchaser (but perhaps with a few suggestions -- such as using foam-core to reinforce the interior).

Bones features would be nice, of course. If there's a concern that Bones "terrain" pieces wouldn't sell as well beyond the boxed set because it's not part of anyone's personal force, some effort could be made to add some strategic value to them. Basically, there might be rules that you can put some structure within your deployment zone that grants you some sort of benefit until your enemy blows it up. E.g., a communications tower, sensor array, defense turret, supply depot. So, while a few of these structures might just be nice little decorations to stick on top of a cardstock building so it isn't just a box, you could alternatively buy up some and paint them up with your faction regalia and deploy them as part of your force in certain scenarios.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a KS. I just really want up to date rule set.

I played CAV 1 and I am getting back into CAV 2 with the free PDF.

I recently bought a few minis to go with my mostly Adon Unit.

I have seen that not all the original minis like the ripper and wisper are in the new ruleset.

Also is the Strike Operations the newer set of rules to follow?

Thanks,

Tarman

As far as I'm concerned: WANT. I don't play CAV. I don't wanna play CAV. What I want...

What I want is some really badass robots to paint up as Epic Warforged, relics from the God'sfall Wars. Giant robot hombres, fueled by arcane energies, designed by artificers specifically to slaughter gods! Suddenly, the party (the soft, squishy, mortal party) find themselves under attack by a rogue god, abetted by two or three the aberrations of the Second World (think Lovecraftian horrors) - what do, party? WHAT DO? Well... ACTIVATE THE MECHAS! WAFF! BIFF! BLAMMO! Epicness ensues.

For this KS, I'd be willing to pay around 200$, total. I'd pick up one core (assuming it's like the other two KS) and then some add-ons, at least. Or a few armies, if they do it that way. I'm still hoping to get into making my own terrain, so that holds little interest for me, especially if it's at less than 32mm scale; same for trucks/cars/ect... the Mars Attack people got their Big Stompy Robots, Reaper, now I need mine!

Edited by Aard_Rinn
  • Like 3

As far as I'm concerned: WANT. I don't play CAV. I don't wanna play CAV. What I want...

What I want is some really badass robots to paint up as Epic Warforged, relics from the God'sfall Wars. Giant robot hombres, fueled by arcane energies, designed by artificers specifically to slaughter gods! Suddenly, the party (the soft, squishy, mortal party) find themselves under attack by a rogue god, abetted by two or three the aberrations of the Second World (think Lovecraftian horrors) - what do, party? WHAT DO? Well... ACTIVATE THE MECHAS! WAFF! BIFF! BLAMMO! Epicness ensues.

You should look into Cthulhutech...

• Like 1

That is the third or forth time I have seen mention of this game in a week or so...

That is the third or forth time I have seen mention of this game in a week or so...

...you should look into Cthulhutech. ^_^