Speculation: CAV Bones Kickstarter

Bonwirn

I'd only back this if it was done as a boxed tabletop war game like the old Warhammer game was. Two faction/army starters with most of the rules included. Optional add ons would be great. I've never played CAV so some kind of complete starter package would be a must. It would need to be playable right out of the box minus painting of course.

The minis could be offered separately from the game set for anybody who wanted to get only the figures, but I don't see the point. Lots of people get boxed games just to get the minis and later try the game anyway. Seems like a wise way to promote a system.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There used to be a starter set. It was an awesome deal for the figures included.

I wouldn't have gotten it back when it was available, though I would now. Tabletop mini games have exploded in diversity thanks to kickstarter. Having something that would be playable with my family and friends as well as at a game shop is definitely appealing. Just having something all in one box that can be enjoyed with a single purchase is key to making something like this less unnerving to a completely new player. Add ons are just icing on the cake. I mean, who gets Super Dungeon Explore or 40K and only uses the starter box? But without a clear and concise starter package to begin with I'd be very hesitant, if not just plain uninterested. Only having models and terrain to buy separately from a set is a barrier to people who don't have a friend who is already playing a game. If I can drop $100 and have everything I need to play a game with my kids, even just two player, that's not a problem. Also, adding on new figures to a basic game is familiar to every gamer.

I am unsure what to do about the different scale planes. I've more or less decided that I'm treating the "true scale" planes as super flyers. I'm also using the "true scale" APCs as they look cooler next to the infantry.