Speculation: CAV Bones Kickstarter

Bonwirn

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Bonesium isn't one specific formula, but a family of formulas that get chosen from based on the specific piece...and even then, they vary slightly within a formula based on how much recycled material is present.  

From what I can tell from digging through my KS box...generally the thinner the thinnest bit is, or the easier it is to take out of the mold, the harder the formulation they use.  In Wyrmgear's case, the wings are incredibly thin, so they used a hard formulation to keep them from flopping...and the Earth Elemental is very simple in terms of exterior, so he's rock solid as well [insert rimshot here].  

Meanwhile, Kally's head [with the long, zig-zaggy, thin horns just begging to be snapped] and Ol' Squidface's head [same deal, with the tentacle things] are much softer, and the only reason I can think of for making them that way is to facilitate getting them out of the mold in one piece.

I'm asking because I've got many normal bones, and I do kinda think they're too soft for CAV.

But then Wyrmgear has these hard-plastic wings, so, why couldn't they be done like that?

I can tell you from very personal experience:  normal boneseum works just fine for CAV.

• Like 2

• Reaper User

Just to bring you up to date and to make sure some people don't twist stuff out of context, I still am in charge of CAV and it will see "the light of day". We are making some changes in the structure of the game from where we were and when its time to let it out the door more information will be forthcoming. That way there's no empty promises, no vaporware, etc. etc.

Best

More communication, or even repurposing your site into a Dev Diary, would facilitate things.  Even if it's "We playtested X, turns out it didn't work, back to the drawing board", something is better than nothing.  Maybe take Leviathans as an example [though they don't update very often]

• Like 1