Sign in to follow this  
Mojoman

14021: Shad, Mercenaries Rogue

Here is another tabletop-bound mini. He is my Varisian Half-Sylph Grifter/Ninja character for the Pathfinder (I use the term loosely) game we run. He is in the process of trying to find a cure for vampirism after being bitten by an elder vampire lord and coming back as a partially turned vampire. Whoa.

Anyway, the idea is tabletop quality, so I didn't kill myself too much on all the buckles. However, I'd like to point out that I used a tip I learned on these very forums to do the studded armor. I used a toothpick! It works great...

Without further ado...

Lord Cirrus Valens, Fey-Friend

Cirrus1_zpsbe07fe4a.jpg

Cirrus3_zps13a67427.jpg

Cirrus2_zps8e81c08b.jpg

Cirrus4_zpsb9faeb81.jpg

Edited by Mojoman
  • Like 13

Simple and to the point, ready for the tabletop. Its more important to get them to the tabletop in the first place, but paint being paint you can always add paint later.

Theres this mini here I worked on and it was good enough for tabletop, then I reworked it later over my varnish.

post-8946-0-41598300-1383218068.jpg

• Like 4

His life sounds...complex. Great studs.

Haha... big understatement. We'll see if he finds the cure or gets killed by vampire hunters on Saturday....

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello sentient painting creatures!

So here's one I just finished painting and just got his base finished this morning and some pictures taken:

from an eighties Ral Partha set of Julie Guthrie figures, originally called the Berserkers, with was a group of different types of fighters/warriors. Nice set, as is all of what the Goddess Guthrie creates.

With this one, I also am using as a comparison set, because I also painted this one many, many years ago. So it was in the eighties, before 1986 when I graduated high school, so this painted version is of an age between 34 and maybe 39 years old, couldn't nail down an exact date exactly:

I started out with the same skin and hair more or less on my new version, but changed up his wardrobe as to note make a carbon copy.  The new figure was painted with Reaper colors and the old version was Polly S.

Anyhoos, always fun to do these little comparison shots!
    • By Inarah
      Messed around with painting the last couple weeks. These are Bones villagers from one of the recent KS.  Tried some new color combos, and using the Pathfinder paints for the first time.  Was having trouble getting good coverage with a lot of the paints, I ended up needing multiple coats (at least 4 on that brown coat) and going over them with washes and Contrast paints.  Good enough for tabletop, IMO. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Remus Raducan, part of the Blood Wolf faction in Reapers Dreadmere setting.

Struggled to find this guy that interesting to paint, and as a result he ended up a bit lacklustre.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By 72moonglum
      Good evening all!

here comes another rogue, the male version of the female that I just finished a few days ago.  For both of them I did the same skin color, starting out with Olive Skin, but then the other colors I diverged. I was thinking, much unlike the earlier elves and half-elves I did, that rogues would be more chaotic and independent and wouldn't likely dress so similarly.

I tried to give this guy that kind of reddish hair that you sometimes see with Afghan men on the TV, the ones that probably dye their beards.  Didn't just want a black or deep brown. Don't know if it turned out like I'd hoped, would welcome your opinions:

And here are a few photos of them together:

I also did different bases on them.  Upon hindsight, I probably should have done them both equally, but oh well, too late now!

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)