Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Fantasy Vignette...October Witch/Pumpkin Patch...

post-11942-0-60635600-1383240408_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-16099500-1383240354_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-74475400-1383240296_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-45337200-1383240245_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-82764400-1383240199_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-81534900-1383240161_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-75036300-1383240112_thumb.jpg

This is the (7th) completed vignette as listed on my (WIP) forum of fantasy vignette projects posted on Oct. 2, 2013...

VIGNETTE TITLE...OCTOBER WITCH/PUMPKIN PATCH...

FIGURE...DISCWORLD VARIANT (Flying Witch...no SKU)...

NOTE...When my witch figure arrived...I noticed that it was a bad casting (over 50% of her face was missing)...a long distance phone call resolved the problem and the company said they would send me a good figure...it arrived by special delivery on the evening of the 29th...it took me a couple of marathon sessions to get her done and mounted on the base so that I could post it today.

NOTE 2...I want to wish all the great and wonderful members on this forum a " HAPPY HALLOWEEN " and thank you all for welcoming me into your fold.

I hope that you all like my little Halloween Theme fantasy vignette.

BLAST FROM THE PAST...(HALLOWEEN) work assignments are one of the few occasions that I miss from my past work...traveling all over the west coast to cover and photograph events like (Saints & Sinners Ball/SF)...(Hollywood Fetish Ball/LA)...(Sexy Halloween Cosplay/LA)...(Wenches & Vixens/LV)...over the years taking hundreds/thousands of photos of some of the most fantastic costumes & beautiful people (men & women alike) for both domestic & foreign adult mens magazines.

Edited by catdancer
  • Like 16

Another fun and happy piece. Nicely done. ::):

That's an old school looking witch miniature. You mention Discworld, can you tell us the manufacturer, as MicroArts currently has the Discworld licence and that doesn't look like one of theirs.

OT. From the little glimpses you give us now and then of your past Catdancer, it sounds like you had a very varied and interesting career.

• Like 2

Awww so cute! Need those trick r treat mouslings someone else posted to show up! Those pumpkins are all you need man, next year do an adventuring party made of pumpkin adventurers. Just a pumpkin with a sword and shield attached, one with two widdle daggers, and one with a wobbly staff, and one with an open book, hehehehe.

• Like 1

Cool diorama, make sure you participate in the Halloween/Autumn contest ( last day today). Those pumpkins just look so darn happy!

• Like 2

Another fun and happy piece. Nicely done. ::):

That's an old school looking witch miniature. You mention Discworld, can you tell us the manufacturer, as MicroArts currently has the Discworld licence and that doesn't look like one of theirs.

OT. From the little glimpses you give us now and then of your past Catdancer, it sounds like you had a very varied and interesting career.

Hi Darsc!...What caused you to change your avatar photo?...You are correct again; it is an old school figure...I got/purchased it from a private collector who had the old Discworld (set of 4 witches)...I do not know who the original producer/manufacturer of this/these figures was...but I purchased the whole (set of 4)...the current flying witch offered by Discworld is a recut/variant of my posted figure, I think that my old school figure looks just as good...Yes, it was a great pleasure to do this little Halloween theme piece (except for the marathon sessions to get it ready on the proper date)!

The little glimpses (as you call them) are not intentional...my profile states that I retired from the magazine industry as a photographer/photo-journalist for both domestic & foreign magazines...(I saw no need to expand in my profile and state that I worked in the men's adult magazine industry...and that my work/photo spreads/layouts appeared in just about every domestic & foreign magazine except (Playboy and Sports Illustrated Swim Suit)...I worked at this profession for (30+ years)...during that same period of time (I traveled the highways & biways of our west coast as the west coast photographer for Outlaw Biker magazine)...and also took a hiatus for a number of years from photographing beautiful women to travel the world hunting/ photographing the deadliest snakes in the world for a major geographic magazine)............My profile also touches on my model contest competition history as well as my love for collecting female action figures...but the past is the past and I don't dwell on it...but on occasion something comes up on this site or with a piece I am working on and/or posting that reminds me of the past and I mention it (as I did above in regard to missing the photo assignments in regard to Halloween).

Catdancer...

Awww so cute! Need those trick r treat mouslings someone else posted to show up! Those pumpkins are all you need man, next year do an adventuring party made of pumpkin adventurers. Just a pumpkin with a sword and shield attached, one with two widdle daggers, and one with a wobbly staff, and one with an open book, hehehehe.

Hi spencerjohn!...I think that your suggestion is a great idea...it is cute and sounds like a fun project...I would have to study all the elements that you suggested/posted (which I will do).

Catdancer...

Catdancer - Great work as always, I am constantly impressed with how well you tell a story through your work.

• Like 1

Cool diorama, make sure you participate in the Halloween/Autumn contest ( last day today). Those pumpkins just look so darn happy!

Hi Citrine!...Thank you for your feedback and comment on my vignette...About a week ago; I started to ask questions on the forum that deals with contests...read all the varied comments posted by members in regard to these varied contests...in the end, I left completely confused (not really understanding rules, categories, etc.)...I would love to try and enter this piece or other given pieces for a proper theme contest...but have no idea as to how, where, what contest, what category...or even how to post a contest entry...So in the end; I guess that I will just stay away from these contests...but I thank you for your suggestion.

Catdancer...

PS...This piece would not qualify for the contest that you mentioned...the figure is not a Reaper miniature; but again thank you for your kind suggestion.

Edited by catdancer

Catdancer - Great work as always, I am constantly impressed with how well you tell a story through your work.

Hi ub3r_n3rd!...Thank you for your comment and feedback on the above piece.

Catdancer...

Hi Citrine!...Thank you for your feedback and comment on my vignette...About a week ago; I started to ask questions on the forum that deals with contests...read all the varied comments posted by members in regard to these varied contests...in the end, I left completely confused (not really understanding rules, categories, etc.)...I would love to try and enter this piece or other given pieces for a proper theme contest...but have no idea as to how, where, what contest, what category...or even how to post a contest entry...So in the end; I guess that I will just stay away from these contests...but I thank you for your suggestion.

Catdancer...

I see that your figure is a Discworld variant, so it wouldn't qualify for the current Halloween contest that ends today. The main figure would've had to been made by Reaper.

Hi ub3r_n3rd!...Thank you for your comment and feedback on the above piece.

Catdancer...

No problem! I'm just happy to see all the art you create.

@Catdancer. Well, whichever path you traveled to get here, we're might glad you joined us. ::):

The change in avatars was not voluntary. I've been having problems on the forum here for the past few days. Things like having my session end while I was actively on here, having to login multiple times, that sort of thing.

Last night when I came onto the forums I found my avatar was missing. When I went to look into my profile I found the link was gone.

I tried searching for the tiger, but in the end I found out how to import photos from my files to use as avatars. Tried a couple and liked this one the best.

Not my cat, just a picture I saw somewhere and saved cause it amused me.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

@Catdancer. Well, whichever path you traveled to get here, we're might glad you joined us. ::):

The change in avatars was not voluntary. I've been having problems on the forum here for the past few days. Things like having my session end while I was actively on here, having to login multiple times, that sort of thing.

Last night when I came onto the forums I found my avatar was missing. When I went to look into my profile I found the link was gone.

I tried searching for the tiger, but in the end I found out how to import photos from my files to use as avatars. Tried a couple and liked this one the best.

Not my cat, just a picture I saw somewhere and saved cause it amused me.

Darsc...This could be the cat/kitten that grew up to be your original tiger (avatar)...just a humorous way to look at it...On the serious side; hope your computer problems are solved (listen to the "computer idiot/me" giving/wishing you computer advice/success.

I also am very happy that I discovered this friendly and informative group/site.

Catdancer...

• Like 1

Hey Catdancer,

Nice little vignette for Halloween! Glad you were able to finish in time!

That Witch sure has a spooky face!

Coabeous

Thank you for the comment & feedback Coabeous...but sad to say; it could not qualify for the current Autumn/Fall/Halloween contest...the witch was not a Reaper figure. At least it was done for my posting of Happy Halloween wishes to the Reaper group members,

Edited by catdancer