Can't believe I missed the Thor figure

Ler

2701 Thor. From the pictures it looks fantastic. Reason I'm so interested in it is because I have a lot of the wargames foundry vikings (the newer range) which are also really good figures, but I've been wanting the collect the myth side of it too. Wargames foundry released some valkyries but that's as far as they went so I'm really glad to find this one while browsing the galleries and I'm definately going to snap that one up.

I'm wondering if there are any plans to do any of the other norse gods or things from norse myth?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there's the Anubis and Bast statues which could be painted as living beings, and Hercules (2702). Then there's the Frost Giant (somewhere in the 2600s, I believe). And the Chimaera is from Greek myth...think that's the major stuff, besides the obligatory Pegasi and the older Medusa (based off my favorite movie in the world, Ray Harryhausen's Clash of the Titans) and the newer one, hopefully soon to be out that I'm looking forward to. Oh, and the Naga, that's Indian.

From the major Gods, Monsters and Heroes of Mythology, I'd like Perseus with the winged sandals, Zeus holding a lightning bolt over his head, a bellowing Cyclops holding a bolder over his head, and Odin standing passively though scowling with a longspear and winged helmet. And the eyepatch, can't forget the eyepatch...and a raven on his shoulder.

Reaper #2333.Orlath Hoarbeard.

Add an eyepatch and you have the perfect Odin. Now, I need a Loki.......

Eyepatch? nah. get a drill, turn the eye into an empty socket, paint it metalic black so it sparkles like the night sky....

depending on how the model looks close-up, you could possibly get away with gloss black for the eye and skip the drilling. but that doesn't sound as poetic. :-)

Ok, not that this is a "normal" odin figure (since it's a space marine Odin and all...), but I just think it's so awesome! It was done by Stefan Darlan for the UK GD 2003. He also made a little squad of space marine valkyries for Odin:

s01.jpg

I do like the Orlath fig a lot. I might get one some day.... even though the horns are a bit silly. I do like horns on Viking helmets (even though the real vikings didn't have any), but these are a bit on the huge side....