Terrifying Fall Contest! 2013 Autumn/Fall contest Post-Mortem

Darkmeer

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Catdancer - The "20 Figures" is in reference to a conversation (or three) in different thread talking about instead of saying you have X number of thousands of figures to paint to always say you only have 20 left to paint. My searching is weak today or I'd post the exact thread I'm talking about. It's all in jest though, a way to stay motivated to keep painting.

An interesting idea. But in my case, if I'm down to 20 minis left, I'm in panic mode. Since I average 20-24 minis a week, mostly BattleTech, I need to keep a couple hundred pieces on deck.

And we all know what happens when that number hits zero.

Edited by Amalor Myrnnyx
  • Like 2

Wow you paint up 20-24 per week? Do you even sleep?

I'm lucky if I get 1-2 painted per week :blush:

Sleep is over-rated anyways :zombie:

I just read the post by Amalor (that he paints 20-24 miniatures per week)...that is incredible and borders on miraculous. I am able (when I work extremely fast) to paint and mount a simple figure in about (5) days...sometimes it takes me 2 to 3 hours (just to decide on a color & shading of an item on the figure...like shirt, pants, cape, etc.)...and believe it or not; my base work takes me as long (if not longer) than painting a figure. Amalor, I tip my hat to you for your incredible talent.

Catdancer...

• Like 3

@ Cat - I see your bases in your vignettes and understand how it can take you just as long or longer to do them, they are just crazy good. Anyhow, I haven't painted in about a week. Need to get off my duff and do it, but one of my eyes has been strained from looking at the dang computer screen all day this week and it's just hard to work when one of your eyes is irritated like that.

• Like 1

@ Cat - I see your bases in your vignettes and understand how it can take you just as long or longer to do them, they are just crazy good. Anyhow, I haven't painted in about a week. Need to get off my duff and do it, but one of my eyes has been strained from looking at the dang computer screen all day this week and it's just hard to work when one of your eyes is irritated like that.

ub3r_n3rd...thanks for the comment on my vignette bases. Hope your eye heals soon; I miss seeing your enjoyable postings...I know what you mean about irritated eyes; I sometimes get tiny salt like crystals in my eyes and it feels miserable...plus they also hurt. My eyes don't get strained due to the computer screen...mine get strained by looking through my loop for hours at a time while I am working on a project.

Catdancer...

Wow you paint up 20-24 per week? Do you even sleep?

I'm lucky if I get 1-2 painted per week :blush:

Sleep is over-rated anyways :zombie:

I just read the post by Amalor (that he paints 20-24 miniatures per week)...that is incredible and borders on miraculous. I am able (when I work extremely fast) to paint and mount a simple figure in about (5) days...sometimes it takes me 2 to 3 hours (just to decide on a color & shading of an item on the figure...like shirt, pants, cape, etc.)...and believe it or not; my base work takes me as long (if not longer) than painting a figure. Amalor, I tip my hat to you for your incredible talent.

Catdancer...

Well, I don't do bases nearly as complex as you. I understand the time that goes into those, which is why I don't. I just go for the simple basing.

Most of what I do is BattleTech, which are fairly straightforward. Mecha doesn't have the subtle shading like fantasy pieces do. So they're a lot easier to crank out.

When I do a fantasy piece, I usually can do one a day. Maybe two, if I'm not doing anything else.

This is also my full time job, so I don't worry to worry about allocating time for another job.

• Like 3