Grimreaper71

Lets see what you know

Okay I have seem some amazing thing on here so lets give this a test.I bought these back in early 90's and I have know idea who made them. So lets find out if anyone knows?

055.jpg

056.jpg

054.jpg

Edited by ladystorm
formatting errors

do they have anything marked on the bottom?

No they do not. They may not even be a a real company. They showed up at the comic book store I use to go to. They said the distributor gave them to them. They sold them to me dirt cheap since I use to spend 80 bucks a week on comics back in the 90's. That was a lot of money now it seems its like 3 comics lol

Bingo.

http://www.oldgloryminiatures.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GB-05

Looks like some of Old Glory's barbarians to me. All from the same pack, even!

First one should be bottom row + right, second is top row + right, and third is bottom + middle.

Wow !!!!!!!! Way to go Basilisk!!!! I never knew what they were. Thank you very much. For the record it took 39 minutes to get the answer.

• Like 1

LOL - They're cool but I get a chuckle that they are "berserkers" wearing wolf skins.

Because "berserker" means someone who wears bearskins.

Ah well... nerd humor.

• Like 2

LOL - They're cool but I get a chuckle that they are "berserkers" wearing wolf skins.

Ah well... nerd humor.

They actually make Berserkers in bearskins also

Anyone remember who was making fantasy minis in the late 70s, possibly early 80s, with hexagonal or octagonal bases?

Was trying to walk down that memory lane when I stumbled across Asgard minis, of which I have several and there is still an outfit supposedly casting them (they're currently on vacation as I've contacted them). I'm hoping to paint up an Asgard that my deceased friend painted, so I hope I can get one. Oddly, the Asgard salamander his older brother painted has been remastered with armor. Weird.

Ah well... nerd humor.

Wikipedia says both. Their clothes were made of bear but they'd wear wolf pelts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserker

Yeah, but it's bear sarker,"bear shirt" wearer, not ulf sarker. Not the same thing at all.

Nope. I didn't see a slotta base until the 90s.

Me neither. I didn't really get used to them until recently.

I disliked them up until pretty recently, since they forced you to do basing. The few GW minis I painted in the 90s are all just nakedly glued into slotta bases...we didn't know you were supposed to glue sand and straw to it (and I'm still not a fan of army basing).

• Like 1