NaNoWriMo 2013

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a basic outline for the one I'm working on =P but nothing extremely detailed...just highlights of the plot to see what direction i want to go [i've ended up changing it around after putting my ideas on paper, because i realize after actually seeing it that it's not as cool as I thought it was]

I quit taking some medication for this so I can think clearly and have an unfocused mind. It's the only way I can write. Good news is I'm writing again, bad news, I can no longer use miniature painting to focus because there is absolutely no focus point right now. WOOOOOO!!

No outlines, no rough draft, but I'm torn between what story I really want to write.

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 1

I quit taking some medication for this so I can think clearly and have an unfocused mind. It's the only way I can write. Good news is I'm writing again, bad news, I can no longer use miniature painting to focus because there is absolutely no focus point right now. WOOOOOO!!

Please be careful and cognizant of your mental and physical health. We rather like having you around here, and would prefer to keep you for a while longer. ::):

No outlines, no rough draft, but I'm torn between what story I really want to write.

Write them both! Two stories enter! One story leaves! ::D:

For myself, I have a rough idea of where the story is going, some characters (mostly in my head), and some scenes with nothing really to connect them. I suffer from Heisenberg's Principle of Literary Uncertainty - either I can write the story, or I know what's going to happen next in the story, never both. Planning tends to be counterproductive for me.

• Like 2

Please be careful and cognizant of your mental and physical health. We rather like having you around here, and would prefer to keep you for a while longer. ::):

Write them both! Two stories enter! One story leaves! ::D:

For myself, I have a rough idea of where the story is going, some characters (mostly in my head), and some scenes with nothing really to connect them. I suffer from Heisenberg's Principle of Literary Uncertainty - either I can write the story, or I know what's going to happen next in the story, never both. Planning tends to be counterproductive for me.

Oh my gosh, it's nothing serious like that! I'm mainly on it for stress from school, work, nephews and etc but I took this semester off so I'm good. All it does really is mellow me out and help me sleep. Let me put it this way...imagine your head for the last 22 years going through plots for stories, mass piles of papers lined your bedroom and notebooks and books for years and then sleeping was nearly non existent because of it...then imagine spending a year of pure silence in your head due to the joys of medicine. The sleeps been nice, but I miss writing and its just for now. :p I figured i'll put my english teacher husband through the ringer to check my writing for me in December :p put em to work. But yes, I'm fine. :p It's nothing life threatening.

I couldn't imagine writing two stories at once and actually finishing them in a month. o.o

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 1

You could write two stories at once, and then connect them. Surprise, brain! It's been one story all along!

Nah, they are in completely different worlds/times. Though very interesting enough...one with magic and the other technology....nahhhhh :p Seperate.

Have you read His Dark Materials? First book was The Golden Compass, second The Subtle Knife. Totally different worlds between books. Could be cool!

You could write two stories at once, and then connect them. Surprise, brain! It's been one story all along!

Nah, they are in completely different worlds/times. Though very interesting enough...one with magic and the other technology....nahhhhh :p Seperate.

Have you read His Dark Materials? First book was The Golden Compass, second The Subtle Knife. Totally different worlds between books. Could be cool!

I never have. :O I'll give it a lookie though, Currently beating my husband with a copy of Ender's Game and asking him why he keeps disappointing me. (Long Story, he's never read it)

• Like 2

I never have. :O I'll give it a lookie though, Currently beating my husband with a copy of Ender's Game and asking him why he keeps disappointing me. (Long Story, he's never read it)

I really enjoyed Ender's Game but never read the others in that series; and nowadays, unfortunately, I find I can't separate the writer from the work and enjoy it on its own merit. =/
  • Like 2

I really enjoyed Ender's Game but never read the others in that series; and nowadays, unfortunately, I find I can't separate the writer from the work and enjoy it on its own merit. =/

I only ever read the first Enders Game and Enders Shadow. I worshiped The Seventh Son series when I was younger though. Then I became hooked on F. Paul Wilsons work. It's more Horror/suspense/Thriller type thing. He just finished one of my favorite series...I met him, got the last two books signed and refuse to read them.....it cant be over o.o it cant be!!

Ahem....but yes, the Mister has not read Ender's Game but there's some fantasy books he's trying to get me into so I think we're going to start a couples book club thing.

I only ever read the first Enders Game and Enders Shadow. I worshiped The Seventh Son series when I was younger though. Then I became hooked on F. Paul Wilsons work. It's more Horror/suspense/Thriller type thing. He just finished one of my favorite series...I met him, got the last two books signed and refuse to read them.....it cant be over o.o it cant be!!

Ahem....but yes, the Mister has not read Ender's Game but there's some fantasy books he's trying to get me into so I think we're going to start a couples book club thing.

I read maybe half the Repairman Jack stuff - then he started mixing in some of his other stuff that I hadn't read, and couldn't find. I liked 'em, I just hate reading things that refer to stuff I haven't read. XD

There's some crossover between usage of rough draft and 1st draft, but in my opinion whatever the first complete beginning-to-end thing you write is, that's your rough draft. Whatever you actually call it.

Excellent. That's why we keep them short and sweet so you can get back to writing ASAP.

Just 15 minutes, in fact, "because [we're] in a hurry, and [you're] not that smart."

Not Brandon, am a Sanderson though.

There is a reason the painting contests I run are called Painting Excuses and some of the judges are Howard Taylor, Dan Wells and Larry Corriea.

o_O

Not Brandon, but a Sanderson? Brother perhaps... isn't he the producer? Jordan I think. Yes?

I just met Dan. He was GoH at the SF&F convention I help organize in Vancouver, BC this year (VCON). He's an awesome guy. Even brought a boatload of German chocolate with him for our volunteers since he and his family current live in the city where it's made.

Edited by MatrissaTheEnchantress
  • Like 1