Dadcubed's Desk of Endeavours - WIP

Dadcubed

I have decided to start a single WIP blog to show off what I am working on as trying to keep up with all my WIP threads is time consuming. Plus all the cool kids (whom I like) have these mega WIP threads. I think it would be good for looking back on what I have done so I can see my progress.

Edited by Dadcubed
  • Like 6

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first WIP is going to be completely random! I need a sci-fi room (I'll do a steampunk and fantasy one too eventually) to show of the sci-fi minis I am working on.

I made quick work this evening getting started on creating a photo room:

post-8094-0-93299200-1383520263_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dadcubed
  • Like 9

Cool. Is this for photos or just display at home?

It's for photos. My other WIP photos are just me holding the mini against the wall as a background. I want to take better photos. This will be for show off photos. I need a light box for WIP too and some better lighting. My paint always looks shiny.

• Like 1

It's for photos. My other WIP photos are just me holding the mini against the wall as a background. I want to take better photos. This will be for show off photos. I need a light box for WIP too and some better lighting. My paint always looks shiny.

This is a great idea and its what I was hoping you were doing once I saw the base structure. Sometime in the future, once I have a bigger place, I hope to make something like this.

• Like 1

This is a great idea and its what I was hoping you were doing once I saw the base structure. Sometime in the future, once I have a bigger place, I hope to make something like this.

I have a friend who has made a Dungeon floor, wall and pillars built onto the shelf of his miniatures cabinet. He put his finished miniatures on it. It's like looking into another world. V.cool. I think a well organised cupboard / shelves can save a lot of space. I would really like to have my entire collection (of 20 miniatures) based, undercoated and on shelves instead of on sprues, in boxes etc etc.

• Like 3

I got a screen up and some pipes and door motors put into the scifi backdrop. Think this is ready for paint now!

post-8094-0-94104700-1383593899_thumb.jpg

I'm struggling with Dubois. It's like re-learning blending because I have been doing so much tabletop :(. I'm really not happy with the inside of her coat. The yellow will need a BIG revisit. And her stomach tones too. But I'm much happier with the green of her coat. I've gone back to two part wet blending and its coming back to me now!

post-8094-0-63591700-1383594049_thumb.jpg

• Like 4