Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Today I spent time building everything from the first two issues. That was a real learning experience too as I had no idea just how difficult the easy to build Necrons could be. Eventually I cobbled them all together though and based them in preparation of priming.
As you can see one is missing its head/face as it was used in a conversion project. As luck would have it though it was never painted so I added it to the project.
Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it. I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought.
As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal. Dang it!
I made the bands on the blade smaller.
Added more metal details.
Added more accent color.
Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great.
His backpack gave me some trouble. I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off. Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on.
By Hack Mini Painter
Been a while... this project took some time. The shoulder and knee pads were a lot of "cut and paste" (read kitbash). This isn't strictly the "Emperor's" lore, but I'm just a painter so I do whatever I like. I've also been a bit obsessed with fluorescent paint lately, and the plasma gun got the full treatment.
In the end I didn't try pushing this project further as I was just running out of gas. Perhaps I could have left it on the "shelf of aging" for a while and come back to it, but in the end they made a sweet squad that I'm pleased with. See the sides, back and all that. Here.
Thanks for checking it out,
I thought it would be cool to show off an older model I painted, this one is a vintage Space Marine Captain, painted in the colours of my own Chapter, the Sons of Poseidon.
Comments and criticisms always wanted, let me know what you think! The model was painted using Army painter paints.