Sign in to follow this  
Aard_Rinn

KSII Dragons - THE CHOOSENING

I might order a set of those Rosemary Koliskys... I'm thinking that for that price, I can order one 10/0

Trust me. the 3/0 is small enough for eyes 4/0 is like an eyelash as is the , 3/0 is perfect.

Edited by MissMelons

My first thought, after reading the description, was "Wow, if that thing's resin and weighs 3.5 pounds....and Dragons Don't Share 2 is 4 pounds...JUST HOW MUCH PLASTIC AM I GOING TO BE GETTING?!" :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Interesting. My first thought was "how far would my players run if I plunk HIM on the table..."

DM daydreams...

• Like 3

My first thought, after reading the description, was "Wow, if that thing's resin and weighs 3.5 pounds....and Dragons Don't Share 2 is 4 pounds...JUST HOW MUCH PLASTIC AM I GOING TO BE GETTING?!" :blink:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Interesting. My first thought was "how far would my players run if I plunk HIM on the table..."

DM daydreams...

I hear you on that one I can't wait till I get my World Breaker figure from Bones 2 JUST so he can sit next to my DM screen. Then if anyone says anything stupid or wants to keep talking I'll just get quiet and glance at my miniature :)

• Like 2

A /P/aint /B/rush. Also lead, peanut butter. :D

...your sarcasm, however, cuts like a knife. ::(:

...but seriously, (P)aint (B)rush occurred to me right about the time Shadow Raven got his jam on.

• Like 2

Doublepost from phone, cant edit. Sorry!

Yeah, I know what a 10/0 looks like, a synthetic one at least. I actually use them for a few things when I do very tiny miniatures - like 1 inch by 1.5 inch. *Miniature canvas, that is. Tree leaves and pond flora, mostly... TBH, I usually use a 5/O, but synth brushes below 0 are hard to find cheap.

I havent done focci canvasses in yeats, but I might get started again... Painting minis makes me feel artsy - I haven't done much painting since my... Junior year of HS, really.

Yeah, I know what a 10/0 looks like, a synthetic one at least. I actually use them for a few things when I do very tiny miniatures

In my experience you will never need anything below 2/0. If you buy quality brushes (da vinci, Lukas) and you take care of them (using Kernseife - Curd soap) they will last a long time and you can paint any detail with them. I have only come across inexperienced painters that use smaller brushes than 4/0. Anything smaller than 4/0 wont even hold a tiny drop to make a little dot. The color will almost instantly dry on <4/0 brushes - also depending on your light source and humidity of your room + color thinner. You don't get better using smaller brushes.

• Like 1

Which would be lovely, if I were going to buy brushes solely for painting miniature *figures*. Perhaps a more /experienced/ artist could even pull off using a 4/0 and larger for everything - but I need a brush that can be used to apply drops of yellow ink as highlights on azalias in a painting the size of a thumbprint. Now, like I said, I've used a 5/0 - a lot of them, actually; on a painting that small, I use one brush for every color, and throw them out after every painting (hopefully hair will improve over synth, which starts to bend -even a tiny bit makes one useless at this scale) - and I'm good at it, but I get 10/0s when I see them; at that size, they're ideal for inks and mirroring: tiny details that you need a mag glass to see, let alone paint.

Oh, and go dot 500+ lavender blossoms with white on a painting the size of a stamp, then tell me you won't improve. Trust me, little bruhes aren't just a crutch - if you don't have /flawess/ technique, you'll make a mess. I plan on ruining /many, many/ canvasses as penance for being out of practice...

• Like 1

Well, I took for granted that we are talking about 15-28mm (rather 28mm) miniatures since Reaper is a manufacturer of 28+mm and this thread is about large/heroic 28mm miniatures. And for that you will never need more than 0/2 (good quality, with a good tip).

Oh. Nope, canvas miniatures, see? Like tiny tiny paintings. Look at the pad of your thumb - that size. Ill probably fiddle with the minis a lot, brushwise; gotta get used to hair, and gotta get used to shading in 3d. Sorry if I seemed snippy; I get pissy when people talk down people who use tiny tiny brushes, since I spent years learning to work with them, and doing so well isn't easy... I seem to see a lot of it on miniature forums, though. :C I don't see why, even just perfecting the hold on a brush that small so you don't shake is months of practice, and learning to hold paint is even more work - I can usually hold 5 - 10 spots on a single load, for example, not one nearly dry one, or a full highlight on a wave...

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BrokenWolf668
      So this is fun, because I can show you folks the Christmas presents I'm working on, so it's like I get to give them twice. Anyway, here's my take on her, really enjoyed going for a winter feel.

• By Axolotegaming
      We just launched our campaign for awesome gargantuan dragons, they are 20 cm high, they will look huge compared to 32mm miniatures, the design of every dragon is also unique and different. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dracostudios/dragons-of-the-red-moon

We hope you can join us on this draconic adventure!

• By wickedshifty
      I finished up a year long project recently. Started with white, then blue, then green, then black then finally red...

its been a while journey with these dragons..

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1953336682/fantasy-dragons-miniatures-norbaminiatures?ref=discovery

About
      Welcome Ladies and gentlemen of Norba, to our 4 Kickstarter project. We bring you the best fantasy dragons in the best 3D quality. With 4 years of experience, Norba has become a reference in the miniatures market by offering great miniatures at an incredible price.
      Thanks to our new production system we can guarantee the delivery of the project in only two months. The speed of delivery, the improvement of the material and the final quality of the product is making it possible for Norba to grow every day. and what are you waiting for to join Norba?
      ------------  
      Welcome Ladies and gentlemen of Norba, to our 4 Kickstarter project. We bring you the best fantasy dragons in the best 3D quality. With 4 years of experience, Norba has become a reference in the miniatures market by offering great miniatures at an incredible price.
      Thanks to our new production system we can guarantee the delivery of the project in only two months. The speed of delivery, the improvement of the material and the final quality of the product is making it possible for Norba to grow every day. and what are you waiting for to join Norba?
      This project consists of as you can see of 3 totally different Dragons for our fantasy range. Includes 6 riders of 6 different races and a great Dragon for our range of The Battle of the Ring. The 3 dragons and the dragons with riders include smooth bases.
      Depending on the reward you choose, you will have access to a certain number of unlockables. This information will be below. However, the rewards can be purchased by sponsors of the project.
      ------------  
      This project consists as you can see of 3 totally different Dragons for our fantasy range. Includes 6 riders of 6 different races and a great Dragon for our range of The Battle of the Ring. The 3 dragons and the dragons with rider include smooth bases.
      Depending on the reward you choose, you will have access to a certain number of unlockables. This information will be below. However all the rewards can be purchased by sponsors of the project. 
             PLAY      
    • By Unruly
      First time making an opening post for one of these, so if I do it wrong I'm sorry.

Legendary Dragons: A 5e Supplement
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/782735675/legendary-dragons-a-5th-edition-supplement?ref=user_menu

Red dragons, black dragons, green dragons, gold dragons. They are great, but we’ve seen them before.  What makes a dragon unique among all others of its kin? What is its history, what are its motivations, and most importantly, what makes it legendary? Legendary Dragons answers all this and much, much more!
      Jetpack7 aims to bring back the mystery to Dragons and to make an "ordinary" Dragon encounter... extraordinary!
      12 New Unique Legendary Dragons with Stretch Goals of up to 20 Dragons! We’re cooking up content for your 5th Edition game! You’ll not only have brand new Legendary Dragons and their lore to throw at your players, but some new monsters, too!
      New Dragons New Wyverns New Drakes New Hydras Not only will GMs and Players get 12+ Legendary Dragons (with the option for up to 20), we have some other dragon-related goodies that we are planning:
      New Kobolds New Dragon Races New Lairs Dragon Cults Dragon Riders Dragon Hunters Dragon Hunting Factions Dragon Hunting & Monster Hunting Economies New spell components you can only get by hunting Dragons Enhance existing spells with your new Dragon spell components Dragon hoard Items Dragon Tactics and how to use Dragons effectively in your game! Aerial Combat Options And much, much more… Legendary Dragons is estimated to be at least 100+ pages.
      We also teamed up with some of the best 5E writers in the biz!
      • James J. Haeck: Lead Writer, at D&D Beyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist and the Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow
      • Dan Dillon: Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing.
      • Cody Lewis:YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice.
      • Jim Pinto: Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children, World’s Largest Dungeon,Gods and Goddesses, and Masters and Minions.

In our earlier supplements, we didn’t skimp on art. In fact, when Jetpack7 was created, we set out with a goal of having the best art in the industry!
      In Legendary Dragons, you can bet on seeing many full-color, full-page, high-quality art pieces produced with the same care and attention as our other supplements.
      Check out some of the Dragon related art we have done for other companies!
      Insight Check? Wyvern with and without saddle concept Legendary Dragons has some of the most experienced and talented industry vets working on it. Some familiar names and projects are listed here!
      James J. Haeck, Lead Writer, @DnDBeyond. Co-author Waterdeep: Dragon Heist & Critical Role Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting. DM of @WorldsApartShow Dan Dillon, Writer, Tome of Beasts and Creature Codex from Kobold Press, Dungeons & Dragons Adventurer’s League, Rogue Genius Games, Legendary Games, Rite Publishing. Cody Lewis, YouTube creator. D&D Twitch Streamer. Dungeon Master. http://youtube.com/taking20. Mad mind behind Save or Dice Jim Pinto, Writer: Legend of the Five Rings, Warlord, Protocol, Praxis, The Carcass, George’s Children and World’s Largest Dungeon. David Gene Adams, RPG author that has been making content for D&D since 4th edition. Catch his stuff on the DMsGuild and Jetpack7's blog.
      Daniel Colby, Dungeon Master by day, mad illusionist by night! Blogger and contributor to Jetpack7.
      Aaron Hübrich, Writer/Artist/Designer. Publisher at Jetpack7. Creative director at Conceptopolis, a company that contributed hundreds of art pieces for the Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition core books. Aaron has been playing Dungeons & Dragons since there were yellow character sheets that didn't take to erasers very well... and has fond memories of THAC0.
      Conceptopolis, LLC, Artwork: Major art contributions to Hasbro, Mattel, Marvel, DC, Wizards of the Coast, Lego, Sony, Square Enix, among others.
      Published by Jetpack7: Gods and Goddesses and also Masters and Minions—both successfully funded on Kickstarter. Published and delivered to backers in 2017 and 2018.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)