Genghis Con XXXV Painting Conference and Competition

Heisler

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also confusing: in the booklet, on page 4, it says the hotel the convention is being held at is the Red Lion. In the booklet, on last page, it announces the hotel the convention is being held at is the Radisson Denver Southeast. Anyone have any idea about which is correct (or has the Red Lion changed hands?)?

Also confusing: in the booklet, on page 4, it says the hotel the convention is being held at is the Red Lion. In the booklet, on last page, it announces the hotel the convention is being held at is the Radisson Denver Southeast. Anyone have any idea about which is correct (or has the Red Lion changed hands?)?

It's the same place. I think the two towers of the hotel have now split into the Red Lion and the Radisson as opposed to all being the Red Lion in previous years.

And if you think that is confusing you missed the show where the hotel name literally changed in the middle of the convention. Friday night it was the Marriott and Saturday it was a Sheraton. The sign was changed just that fast.

And the painting events are missing, contacting the DGA about it now.

Edited by Heisler
  • Like 2

Somehow, a single person was able to sign up for one of the classes (which are still not available to purchase as far as I can tell).

http://www.denvergamers.org/eventsandgames.php?catview=6&dayview=

HOW DID THEY DO IT?! ::o:

EDIT: Okay, two people now. I want to know how they're doing this so I can do it toooooooo.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

Which classes are you hoping to get into, Pixel? My list includes: Blending, Speed Painting, Color Theory, and Basics for Beginners. Blending is probably the one I most want to get into, with Speed Painting a close second. If I can't get into Speed Painting, though, I'd like to get into Glazing, since they're both at the same time.

Can someone tell me how much painting classes usually cost? Also, is there a limit to how many classes one person can sign up for? The only conventions I've gone to have been anime conventions, where you pretty much just line up outside the class you want to get into and hope there's room for you. ^_^

Huzzah!

I want Flesh and Face Painting, Glazing, Leveling Up, Freehand, Blending, and Miniature Photography. I'd also like to attend the Color Theory lecture.

Page 68 in the con booklet says the classes are $5 for lecture, $6 for demo, and $8 for demos - a good deal!

• Like 1

What is the "Leveling up" class about? I can't find any info about it...

Also, I'd like to see who's teaching what classes. I'd absolutely LOVE to be able to take a class from Wren!!! :D

Huzzah!

EDIT: Also, where will the painting class sign-ups show up? In the "Player Zone" section?

Edited by OneBoot

oh and regarding registration, I checked out the Facebook page and apparently the wrong prices were coming up so they are fixing that. I THINK (but cannot confirm) that the registrations should show up on Players Zone like the other activities.

I think it's kinda funny that they (DGA on Facebook) said some glitch with PayPal was their only glitch when two whole categories are missing from registration, lol! But nevertheless, the processing of the transaction to buy the pass was unexpectedly smooth.

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks Pixel!

Looks like there's some classes missing from the list, then, since I see in the booklet that there's an OSL class taught by Wren. If I get into no other classes than this one, I'll be a happy OneBoot. :)

AAAAAAHHH SO EXCITED!!! *flail*

*F5 F5 F5 F5*

Huzzah!

Edited by OneBoot