Based in the World of Harry Potter. YouTube description:

"In a world filled with magic, one mysterious person tries to keep a forgotten power safe from both the Officers of OMEn and the Evil forces wanting to corrupt it."

An interesting short video that recreates a lot of the special effects from HP movies.

Worth a watch.

• Like 1

Holy carp! I just watched this and it really is good. Yes, it's a fan film so the acting has that "not professional" flavour but the concept is interesting and the fight scenes are incredible, quite faithfully recreating the HP movie effects.

(I recommend watching past the credits as the creator steps in with a few words.)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's magnificent 50212 "Incredible Woman," sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

She's a great figure that can be painted up like a lot of (tall - she's a big one) women superheroes. Wonder Woman is on my wish list, and maybe Captain Marvel one day.

This version is Marvel's She-Hulk from her classic days as one of the Fantastic Four, replacing Ben Grimm for a time.

As a materials and techniques note, I didn't use any green or blue pigments in her skin. It's all mixed from yellow and black. This was partly to prove a point and is kind of central in the art video I posted on YouTube last week: Yellow and Black Make Green.

Enjoy!

• By EldritchEladrin
      This year is the year of giving miniatures as birthday gifts to the friends I game with. One of these fine fellows--my oldest and dearest friend--has a birthday in a couple weeks. He loves magic-users and is obsessed with Harry Potter, so I painted up a 25th anniversary Domur as a classic "Gandalf the Grey" style wizard for his present:

Tried to layer the flames to give some interesting and pleasing texture. Let me know how I did.

Also, given his love for all things Potter, I did my best to modify Domur's spellbook to a more familiar book cover...

I'm actually surprised I could keep the brush steady enough for it to come across at all similar, to be honest.
    • By Chris Palmer
      The first teaser trailer is out for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.   I know there's a lot of controversy surrounding Johnny Depp's casting as Grindewald, and the original movie had a luke warm reception (I liked it); but Jude Law sure does make a cool young Dumbledore and I'm interested to see what he does with the character.   

• By ub3r_n3rd
      I recently discovered that I really liked listening to D&D games being played while painting.  I watched/listened to a few videos with Matt Mercer DMing some really cool games. 

What podcasts/videos do you all like to watch/listen to?
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)