Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Squad Gideon

Well, I posted up my squad Lorenzo as I painted them up. But when I finished off Squad Gideon, they didn't get photographed right away.
So, here they are. I had a bit of a block going into this set, as I wanted to have something subtle show the difference between the two squads, without making them look like they were from a different chapter. In the end I chose to make all of the jewels a different color (Lorenzo's squad has blue jewels, rather than the green ones here).
squad-gideon-1.jpg
squad-gideon-2.jpg
squad-gideon-3.jpg
squad-gideon-5.jpg
squad-gideon-4.jpg
Also, I updated my Librarian Calistarius. I had originally painted him with metallic metals, and without dark lining. Last thing I did on the set was paint him in Non metallic metals to match the rest of the Space Hulk set.
librarian-2.jpg

• Like 22

Thanks.

Honestly, part of painting these guys was just the relief of having the whole space hulk set done.

I've painted lots of Space Hulk for other people, but my own projects tend to get half completed sometimes.

• Like 1

Wow, really nice looking paint job. No critiques from me other than to hurry up and do more so that I can drool over them!

Great work - the NMM gold on the Sgt especially looks nice. I really need to paint these myself. Maybe I can manage to drag them out for a game on the weekend at least.

Mind-boggling. You've really done the detail justice.

Thanks. That was definitely the challenge with these minis. They're so overloaded with detail, there's a clear need to make them all pop, but it is easy to leave them poorly composed.

I think one thing that helped is I went with pure black for the lining on all of these minis. I think it helps the details stand out against the dark armor.

Thanks. I had a little bit of trouble with NMM before I started these guys- which was one of the primary reasons why I decided to go with it for the Space Hulk set.

I feel like I've improved quite a bit with them.