Reaper Forums Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

ShadowRaven

the Fate/Stay Night game was far better than the anime, even/especially the Reality Nua version that glosses over the sex scenes. The Unlimited Blade Works OVA is also better, but you need to be familiar with the story to get as much out of it.

Magi: is great. It knows when to not take itself seriously, but still has a hard edge and strong story to it. Only problem with it

Sinbad

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching season 3 of Genshiken lately. I still can't believe they made another season. It's barely the same show but it isn't bad. I'm also watching 

Hanasaku Iroha and it's a nice ride so far. Very laid back. Also just caught up with Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd Season. Can't wait for this one to get dubbed. I actually prefer it in English. It seems that a different company bought the licensing rights to it so who knows if it will have the same voice actors or not. 

• Like 2

Steins;Gate was great, best of the three from Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes in my opinion.

Hanasaku Iroha was excellent, slice of life anime isn't usually my thing but this had a lot of charm.

I 've finished a few recenltly:

Xam'd. It was decent but I'd started to lose interest by the end. Loved the opening though even if the lyrics seem to have been written by randomly opening a dictionary.

I've also finally got round to watching the original Record of Lodoss War OVA. Absolutely fantastic classic fantasy action.

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. Ok but didn't really interest me overall. A few good episodes but mostly forgettable.

Fate/Kaleid - Only seen the first series so far, wasn't sure at first but the fight scenes were of the Fate series high quality

Fafner: Same as Daphne.

Gargantia on the Verderous Planet. Loved it

Btooom!: Overall I enjoyed it a lot but a couple episodes in the middle followed lazy shock value tropes. Improved immensely afterwards.

Currently watching X (loved the film and manga when they first came out, never watched the series), Samurai 7 and Highschool DxD.

• Like 1

Haven't had much luck with my animé watching lately.

Sailor Moon Crystal was disappointing, but I was kinda expecting that after they said it was going to be closer to the manga.

My attempts to catch up with Jojos Bizarre Adventure and HunterXHunter fizzled out. I found the third Jojos story a lot less interesting than the previous two, and while HunterXHunter wasn't bad, I don't think I can get invested in more than one of these long-running action series at a time (Guess I'll give it another go after One Piece ends in another decade or two).

Parasyte was pretty good, but it gave me nightmares, so I haven't watched passed episode two. (Watching a show about alien parasites that crawl into your brain when you're asleep and turn you into a cannibalistic changeling, just before I go to bed? Not my brightest idea ever.)

• Like 1

Parasyte was pretty good, but it gave me nightmares, so I haven't watched passed episode two. (Watching a show about alien parasites that crawl into your brain when you're asleep and turn you into a cannibalistic changeling, just before I go to bed? Not my brightest idea ever.)

*immediately runs off to watch Parasyte*

• Like 3

So...I just watched the first episode of Parasyte. Now usually, I'm very good with horror, and freaky stuff.....

how have I not heard of this anime before....

And there goes sleeping tonight. @_@ 

Edit: Oi, there needs to be a dubstep warning in this thing. 

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 2