Reaper Forums Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

ShadowRaven

Finished reading Parasyte. I'm hoping they do a better job with the anime. Frankly it's message is a bit....bland. It seems its primary goal was to have people question what it means to be human and the value of life but did a poor job of showing this from both sides. There is one manga that did it better. Unfortunately I don't think they can do the anime for it since the mangaka has passed away. You should give it a read though. Its Alive: The Final Evolution. Definite brain warp and the final chapter had a lot of feels in it. I'm wondering when the mangaka needed the other person to continue for him. There's an obvious slight change in artstyle about less than halfway through and the story, I'm guessing since he didn't have much time, shifted quickly to the main point. It wasn't rushed, but you could tell that he intended for more. He still managed to get his vision out there and the final words of the last chapter were his own. Its one of my favorites.

Edited by MissMelons

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watched the movie version of Space Pirate Captain Harlock? I haven't read the manga, but the movie is pretty interesting. (And now I want a model Arcadia, but I haven't seen the movie version out there.)

Well if you've got a big enough display shelf...

1.jpg

• Like 3

I finally finished Soul Eater. I stopped and started it a few times (started well over a year ago). The drastic change in atmosphere about halfway through the show turned me off and I had a hard time connecting with it again. I don't know if the manga changed from comedy to emo/drama or Bones did that on their own or what. I still liked it but the second half seemed like a shadow of the first half.

Nah, that Arcadia is hollow, vacuum molded plastic. It's really not all that costly to make something like that. I really would like to see the movie though.

My experience with anime is pretty limited, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's on Netflix streaming.

If you want something kinda fun and very silly, Try "I couldn't become a hero so I got a job" Also, I can not recommend Spice and Wolf and Mayou highly enough (Not sure if Spice and Wolf is available online at the moment, but Mayou is available for free on Crunchyroll)