Reaper Forums Anime/Manga Discussion Thread

ShadowRaven

Got my copy of the One Piece Strong World today. It shared the same problems the series has had for the last few years, but overall it was pretty good for your standard long running shouen series spin-off film.

Movie 4 is still my favourite.

I haven't seen Strong World or those after it but it's on my 'to do' list. I really enjoyed the sixth for being just so completely different from the rest.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be a very vicious topic on forums where people feel the need to defend their preferences strongly enough to run for office on it. I don't even really see it as a "debate". There are many reasons to prefer dubs, just as there are many for preferring subs.

It can be a very vicious topic on forums where people feel the need to defend their preferences strongly enough to run for office on it. I don't even really see it as a "debate". There are many reasons to prefer dubs, just as there are many for preferring subs.

Perhaps 'debate' is the wrong word to use. 'Conversation' might be better. In my younger days, when I had hard convictions, I was firmly in the subtitle camp. But, times change and dubs have improved greatly since the old days. Like I posted earlier, there's a good reason to watch it both ways.

Oh ... er.

Is the sub vs. dub debate vicious?

I will drop it now and speak no more of it.

Unfortunately I have bad memories of the whole sub/dub thing. Being a dub fan on the Internet tends to put me at odds with the overly-serious fanboys and they can be pretty nasty when riled.

I'm certain we're mature and level-headed enough to have a discussion on the subject here without it becoming a flamewar though, so don't let me stop anyone who wants to dicuss it.

Got my copy of the One Piece Strong World today. It shared the same problems the series has had for the last few years, but overall it was pretty good for your standard long running shouen series spin-off film.

Movie 4 is still my favourite.

I haven't seen Strong World or those after it but it's on my 'to do' list. I really enjoyed the sixth for being just so completely different from the rest.

Everyone likes 6, but it's been so long since I last watched it I can't remember it too well. I should give all the movies a re-watch but I'm patiently waiting for an official release.

Speaking as a level-headed, if rabid, fanboi, it's subs all the way. Between me trying to learn Japanese and the *horrible* voice-acting that is so prevalent (not everywhere, but almost!) I can't stand dubs.

To each his own, but if you're watching with me, put your reading glasses on!

-Dave

Also, anybody else like to fall asleep to the Japanese language? No, just me? Ok then. :)

• Like 2

Don't you die on me? Breathe, thread, breathe and re-join the land of the living!

For some content, the Eva Rebuild 3.33 is up for pre-order. I have a that and 13th volume of the Shinji Ikari Rasing Project managa (also pre-order) in my Amazon cart. Just waiting for payday...

• Like 1

Up to date with both Kill la Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata (Beyond the Boundary). Both are excellent.

3 or 4 into Tokyo Ravens and that's looking interesting so far.

Catching up on the Attack on Titan anime. I would probably enjoy it more if I hadn't read the manga first but I'm glad I did as I didn't want to spoil the manga. Mostly it's due to noticing all the things that have been toned down.

In my quest to watch all of Gundam in release order I've made it to a bout a quarter of the way through After War Gundam X. It's not the worst of the series I've seen but it's a struggle so far, does look like it's picking up a bit though.

Also watched the first MD Geist OVA last weekend. Minimal plot and a stupid level of violence but there's something about mid-late 80's, early 90's anime that I just love.