77051: Orc Stalker (Two Weapons)

Owlmabbitt

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the dark green against his green skin kind of blends in, so it's always better to put in the neutral background when taking pictures so that it doesn't blend in or detract from your figure. The highlights and shading will emulate the light/dark. Anyhow, keep up the good work and keep posting!

• Like 1

I must admit that I thought some of the pelt was chain mail to start so it was all dark metal, then my son pointed out the difference (when I thought it was all done) so I went back to make more pelt below the chain mail. Ah well. Live and learn. Given that the colour mixing was done at very different times I'm pleased with the result. Any more suggestions welcome.

• Like 1

My bit of advice would be to grab the Army Painter Inks, Strong Tone (dark brown) and Dark Tone (almost black). That's the little bottles, not the cans of "dip". They are skill in a bottle for shading washes. If you want to do human faces, grab the Soft Tone as well (sepia, ie., light brown).

OR, if you prefer to DIY, check this out, just make up the "base" then mix with dark paint as needed for a very effective wash (it's trickier to get right than the AP stuff)

http://www.awesomepaintjob.com/index.cfm/resources.recipes