Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter

The Inner Geek

worst case they can produce it and sell it in Spain, you can then buy it online and personally import it without issue

(I suspect they won't be able to distribute it for retail sale outside of Spain, but if it's not a direct copy maybe they will)

Also if that is the standard of translation (as opposed to a Google translate by SamuraiJack) they're going to have problems

Yeah, the quality of translation is really poor. I feel really nervous about getting a set of rules and then having to translate the already-translated version. They really should hire/outsource a good translator if they have the funds for it.

~iPaint

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOES GAMEZONE RIGHTS HEROQUEST? Yes, GameZone has acquired the rights to produce and distribute HeroQuest in Spain.

Just because I'm thick, how are they opening it up to the world if they can only distribute to Spain?

The are allowed to ship direct to individual buyers in the U.S., but not to retailers.

Someone mentioned that one of the newer dungeon crawl games is superior to HeroQuest. Maybe. Maybe not. There is a thing as being too complicated. No, HeroQuest did not have great depth and yes, most of the levels felt like they kind of repeated themselves after a while. My parents bought me that game when it was brand new in 1991 and I still have it. I have played it countless times, and still looks great. I like playing it because it is simple. Sometimes I don't want to play a dungeon crawl that is really complicated. I just want a simple no-brainer hack 'n' slash board game. That is what HeroQuest means to me. ::):

Now, will I buy this retread from this KS? No, probably not. The description of the new figures and treasure chests and the like do not interest me. I will still with the classic and then play with the newer most complex ones. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

So they released a start date and time before the project was greenlit?

Had they not seen this happen enough times before by now to know that it's a really bad idea? A project can be launched at whatever time the creator wants after it's been greenlit so it shoiuldn't be happenging at all with proprer planning.

• Like 1

DOES GAMEZONE RIGHTS HEROQUEST? Yes, GameZone has acquired the rights to produce and distribute HeroQuest in Spain.

Just because I'm thick, how are they opening it up to the world if they can only distribute to Spain?

I'm not getting good vibes from this. There are a lot of games on Kickstarter that have very restricted shipping because of regional licenses -- look at the imports by Game Salute that generally can go only to US or maybe North America.

I'd hate to see this project get killed post-KS because they crossed the litigious owner (Hasborg or GW?).

I think this will go in the "starred" pile for review around the 48hr mark.