Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter

The Inner Geek

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mass confusion on shipping already. Two of us in the UK got completely different totals.

EDIT:

For reference; you need to go to their store (linked on the front page of the kickstarter), create an account, add the reward you want to the cart and select the Kickstarter delivery option which will give you the price in euros. Convert that to Canadian dollars to get the postage cost to add to your pledge amount.

For the UK it was $56 CAD for the everything set.

Edited by Nocturne

Over 500 backers, and rapidly approaching $100k. I hope they planned for rousing success...

I've put this as a "remind me," and I'll check back next month, after the holidays, in time for the finish. It certainly looks awesome, but the greater their success the more difficulties they're going to encounter. Fingers crossed.

This might be a weird / obvious question...but do we have any confirmation of what language is this going to be printed in?

I want to delve into that site, read as much as I can...and its not in English, so I have no idea what I would receive.

The ad is in English. The Kickstarter listing is in English. All graphics are in English....but maybe I don't know enough about the company or something??

I have been waiting on this one for a while, and absolutely want to back it....but I want to receive a game that I can read. :)

As soon as I get that confirmation, I'll be pledging.

My poor wallet. :(

I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason for a Spanish company to run their Kickstarter in a currency that about three people not living in a frozen wasteland are actually intimately familiar with.

I'm also sure there is a perfectly good reason for having a "shipping calculator" that requires a registration.

Given the overall level of professionalism they've displayed so far, I'm starting to have serious doubts they'd actually have sorted out the legal side of offering this product internationally...

• Like 3

This might be a weird / obvious question...but do we have any confirmation of what language is this going to be printed in?

I want to delve into that site, read as much as I can...and its not in English, so I have no idea what I would receive.

The ad is in English. The Kickstarter listing is in English. All graphics are in English....but maybe I don't know enough about the company or something??

I have been waiting on this one for a while, and absolutely want to back it....but I want to receive a game that I can read. :)

As soon as I get that confirmation, I'll be pledging.

My poor wallet. :(

You can set the site language to English at the top of the page.

• Like 1

You can set the site language to English at the top of the page.

Thank you, Nocturne. :)

Had to translate...BUT......

"HeroQuest? Appear only in Spanish? Only be available in Spain?

HeroQuest will be published in Spanish, English, French, German and Italian, and can be purchased by fans around the world."
Edited by galladril

So, they are calling Heroquest "abandongame" (below the stretch goals), seemingly as a portmanteau of abandonware. Is this a translation problem, or are they seriously saying that they are pursuing this project without dealing with GW, Hasbro (MB), or the original designer?

I'll preface this with: I am not an expert on international distribution laws - and what I say below is from memory cause I read it a while back.

They've said they got the rights to distribute in Spain, while they can sell online to anyone (they just can't distribute worldwide).

They did use footage from the original commercial, that should be a colossal trademark infringement if a lawsuit was to take place, I'd say that would trigger it.

They say they have the rights from Hasbro Spain. Which I expect means, within Spain, they have the full rights (except to GW IP, which means pretty much just the Fimir). See, the thing is, I'm pretty sure it's a Hasbro product, not GW. And Hasbro likely has subsidiaries all over the place to optimise their position WRT local laws, taxes and duties. So the whole deal sounds quite plausible. And this particular minis co has been around a while, so it's not a straight up con.

Could still be a screw-up, though.

Edited by smokingwreckage