Heroquest 25th Anniversary Edition Kickstarter

The Inner Geek

name one good reason to pick CAD as a non-Canadian company;

Probably easier for them to set up a Canadian bank account than a US, UK, Australian or New Zealand one. Being based in Spain those are their only options to be able to use Kickstarter at all. Raging Heroes (French) had an awful lot of trouble setting up a US bank account.

Who can create a project on Kickstarter?

Creating projects is currently open to creators over the age of 18 and based in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen postings from a couple of other companies (who've since run UK KS projects) who tried to get the paperwork together to run a project via KS in the USA but had to give up as getting the bank account & other paperwork proved to much hassle/expense

There is also the fact that Heroquest is NOT an active trademark in Canada having been EXPUNGED

http://www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/app/opic-cipo/trdmrks/srch/vwTrdmrk.do?lang=eng&status=OK&fileNumber=0676315&extension=0&startingDocumentIndexOnPage=1

(it's an active in the UK which would be the next most obvious KS location to use as well as the USA)

Yeah, I'm definitely tempted by this but I'm waiting at least a week or so with pledging until things settle down. I would like to get some more info on the IP/licensing-issue to alleviate my concern that this will run into trouble after it's funded.

I made the mistake of telling a friend of mine about this over the phone.

Ever had a 33 year old fangirl go 'EEEEEEEEEE!' :lol: in your right ear?

My ear is still ringing.

Heroquest is how she got started in gaming. She was the reason I pulled out one of my old copies to play a few weeks ago. (I own two copies.)

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 3

Well, I'm not impressed with the update. They will not show the SGs ahead of time, and they did not show off any sculpts, even the ones in the video as images. They did answer a bunch of questions, which was somewhat helpful - it just didn't cover "what I was hoping to see".

I believe they have also starting making resin/plastic minis.

I'm only familiar with their metal stuff though, and while their sculpts are nice, the quality of their casting wasn't quite where I'd like it to be. Multipart pieces didn't fit together without a fair bit of work.

I thought, Gamezone only make metal figures.... Do they have experience and the tools to make plastic minis? or does the box comes with all metal minis?

They went quiet for a couple of years, then a few months ago came back, this time with plastic-resin miniatures.

I thought that they were quietly folding their tents, but it looks like they are getting busy!

Their first resin miniatures were dark elves, 30 elves for twenty six Euros - like a certain other company (and unlike a certain other other company) when they switched to resin and/or plastic they dropped the price.

An unboxing video -

(I really like the music playing in the background of the video.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By strawhat
      Hold on to your butts...

This thread is going to be sizable because I'm starting my HeroQuest core box (Mythic Tier).  The expansions will get their own threads, which should be much shorter (as there are far fewer minis).

I've already started painting and have (nearly) completed many doors, and made significant progress on the bookshelves and cabinet.  In an effort to get me to finish Tyrants of Lothal (an ongoing issue), I am forcing myself to complete the boring scenery elements first.  Which means doors.  Lots of doors.  And, when you've finished with the doors, you realize that you need to do some more doors.

Where's Jim Morrison when you need him?

Except as noted, the paints on the scenery are Delta Ceramcoat.  No exceptions yet, but maybe on the bookshelves...

I would like to take this opportunity to not thank the individual that decided we needed vines on the doors.  It doesn't really show in the pictures, but I've used a medium green (Medium Foliage Green, to be specific) on some of the vines.  Khaki has been used on the others.  I have another door or two that were trimmed from the pictures, but you get the idea.  The stone has been set up with Black, Charcoal, Deep Taupe, Rain Grey, and White.  Start iwith Black, Charcoal or Deep Taupe and then work up through the next two colors with a solid drybrushing.  So much drybrushing.

And still eight doors to be done.

I felt that I needed something a little more interesting than simple stone for the keystones, and since this is a magical realm I figured that maybe a mad wizard might have spells worked into the doors to keep him informed of what has happening and give him a chance to taunt the heroes at inappropriate times--just like Zargon's twitter feed.  So I decided to use Gold instead of more black/grey stone.   I am looking for a good metallic on the iron bands and rings.  Silver is just too bright.  The wood was done with yet more drybrushing.  Starting with a base of either Black, Chocolate Cherry, or Burnt Sienna and then working up eventually to Golden Brown or Khaki.  It seems to work pretty well.

The same theory from the doors works with the bookshelves and cupboard.  I'm thinking about using some color on the scroll work--some sort of gilding, maybe.  The hinges and handles on the cupboard will get a similar treatment to the hinges and handle on the doors--once I figure out exactly what that is.

I'm about nine hours into the doors, and three into the bookshelves and cupboard.

Now to finish some of these doors so I can work on some of those other doors.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      Now live, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impactminiatures/snow-cone-and-sundae-dcc-and-rpg-dice-sets

Many new dice colours

Snow Cones

Marbled

Dice and new monsters for Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) game

plus access to existing lines

and those weird dice you never knew you needed D3, D5, D7, D9, D11, D13, D15, D17, D18, D19, D22, D26 and D28

and more
    • By lazarp
      I'm in love with this mini, that retro feel it has is just great!
      I had a lot of fun painting it and tried being bold with the basing 
      Really happy with how it turned out 

• By Kyle the Wanderer
      It's been a while but finally got my Orc Horde done from Heroquest!

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Since HeroQuest was one of my gateways into miniatures, I felt it appropriate to pay homage to that when I got Dungeon Saga.

The freehand on the wizard came out better than I'd expected.