• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rubegon
      The merfolk in Dark Depths sculpted by Bobby Jackson were one of the things I was most looking forward to in Bones 5.

I chose the Mermaid Ranger for my RCL Q3 Large Group “Under the Sea”, and started work on her after ReaperCon.

I've been trying to make bolder color choices, and thought this was a great mini to push myself in that direction.

I’ve posted some WIPs on discord, but wanted to record the process here in a bit more detail.

First I primed both rangers with Badger neutral primer, and then basecoated the tails and hair with 0963 Coal Black

Then I tried to airbrush the tails with 09330 Wild Violet while leaving some dark shadows.

• By ecs05norway
      Been working on these guys as a test for the squad color scheme. Trying some layering on the white, it's working out well so far.
      They're 1:48 scale, same as Star Wars Legion, and I've rebased them onto the same 27mm bases that Legion uses. Mostly because the standard D1947 bases are like 35mm. Way huge.

• By Coffee Nerdery Beer
      Hi there all, I've decided to dive into the deep end with finally trying the scary world of OSL. 😄

Feel I've lost the plot on this ... so any advice on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated! (Having fun, though, despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing. 😁)

I'm including a "top down" view, which is where I'm most confuddled. That dark line down his arm which represents the shadow from the staff which sits between the source of light ... it just doesn't look right to me.  🤔

So, I'm all ears for suggestions on improvements!

• By lexomatic
      Bones 5
      WIP is where the work starts in this thread.

Expansions
      Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dungeon Dwellers: WIP  SHOWOFF
      Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
      Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF

Encounters
      Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
      Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
      Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF

Add-ons
      Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
      Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
      Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
      Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
      Maybe more I don't remember yet

Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Been a minute since I've posted a WIP, so I figure I'd roughly document my current paintjob.

I'm running a 5e game with a heavy focus on the Shadowfell, and our most recent addition to the party is a native of that realm - a Hexblood or "Hexen" in our game lore. These dark fey are the children of hags - The Mothers Three - and are made from earth, blood, and stolen souls.

Going for a dark but vibrant paintjob - blue skin, and dark clothing.

After priming, I like to block in my darkest colors. It makes it easier for me to avoid missing a hard-to-reach spot later, but without worrying too much if I get some paint where it's not supposed to be.  This method also helps me to visualize and plan out my colors better.

I was instructed to paint her with blue skin, black hair, and dark clothing. I started with the skin. I based with Rich Indigo and plan on working up towards Surf Aqua.  I'm hoping this transition from a more purple-hue in the shadows to a bit of green in the highlight will look interesting, as well as kind of capture the overall color scheme.

I chose a few other colors to sort of represent that scheme and stippled them over the base - Rich Indigo, Deep Ocean, and Carnival Purple. I eventually want the base to look like rocky terrain, but wanted to avoid neutral greys.

Pure Black for the hair and then set about base coating the rest of the mini.

I wanted to avoid all-black or shades of grey in her outfit so dark greens and purples will be used to keep things more colorful. The tattered robes got a mix of Pure Black and Deep Ocean. The fabric wraps are Dark Elf Shadow - hoping to keep the purpleish greys.

I also slapped some Deep Ocean on the gemstone on her staff for a pop of color - will reuse this for other gemstone details.

The base got washed in Pure Black - will play around with some drybrushing later. Metal details also got hit with pure black to work up to some NMM silver.

Settled on Ashen Brown for the bone details. The slightly cooler purple hue should help the bones blend in with the rest of the mini.
      Also hoping to use the Ashen Brown to highlight the hair without it looking grey.

Not much to see so far - just some quick basecoating before work this morning. Hoping she turns out as I'm picturing and not just a garish blob.

Side note - this sculpt is one of those earlier Bones sculpts that are quite difficult to pick out details.  I'm inevitably going to paint over some random blob and not notice until later.
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)