• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I intend to reshoot the pics, this was a quick shoot before anything else broke on it...I had a few more things to paint and tweak but the sword broke in a pretty bad place and the trophy is precariou

I gave the back of the head a quick pass. The lantern is visible from one angle, but the back of the head isn't, and it didn't glue in cleanly. Assembly wasn't nearly as easy as it looked. Remember, I

Nice! I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating. I love the muted colors! I feel like it needs something bright, but I understand why you've kept it dark and cool. hmmn. If you feel like fiddling, on

Wow, nice. I didn't follow the WIP much because I've been MIA here. First off I would have really liked to see this with a different background. The cool on cool just makes detail fade. I think it gives it a nice atmosphere but having something with stronger contrast as well would help us see stuff.

I'm taking that since there's no comments from you on this you got frustrated? I have comments but I'm thinking you know half of what I'm going to say and don't want to point them out if the above is true.

Edit: since starting this post you've added that there are issues. Sorry to hear.

Edited by MonkeySloth
  • Like 1

Nice! I'm so sorry it's been so frustrating. I love the muted colors! I feel like it needs something bright, but I understand why you've kept it dark and cool. hmmn. If you feel like fiddling, one idea to get a spot of color would be on the trophy head- maybe paint the monster eyes open and something freaky like the oranges you were using for your OSL lantern. Treat it like a medusa head or something similar. But, if you've had your fill of the sculpt then rest easy- it's lovely and moody and terrifying. Great job!

• Like 3

I gave the back of the head a quick pass. The lantern is visible from one angle, but the back of the head isn't, and it didn't glue in cleanly. Assembly wasn't nearly as easy as it looked. Remember, I'm still relatively new to all this modern stuff. Back in my day, you might glue a spear into a weird open hand (those thumbs), but generally if you were breaking out the superglue you were assembling a dragon. And I didn't do much of that. My multi-part models before I started collecting again last year could be counted on one hand.

edit: While I'm a bit grumpy about the assembly and breakage issues, especially being more or less unable to finish; as with all these projects, I've learned so much that it's still a valuable experience. Despite wanting to give it that last hour or two of polish, he did turn out pretty cool and acceptably within the range of what I was shooting for. So overall I call it a win.

Edited by CashWiley
  • Like 7

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Master%20Series%20Triads/sku-down/09707 Grey Blues Triad, I've been kind of obsessed with them lately. Using Corporea Black (Sapphire:Walnut) as the dark shadow. One of the things I'd tweak with the TK is changing up the base, darkening the bit around his feet so the boots don't fade into the ground. Though I do kind of like it (Kingdom Death camo!).

Doesn't really show in the pic but it gets brighter as it gets closer to him, I wanted to play on the idea of the Twilight Knight being a bit literal as the embodiment of twilight, using an old, dim lantern (the symbol of life in KD) to lure in predators as his power within the Order has transcended the need for his own lantern. I'll write up a bit about my thoughts on this in the Painting Death entry thread.

This will eventually be a series, KD has put out several iterations of the Knight. The Order Knight, pinnacle of the Order, carries no lamp, the feral Relic Knight is consumed by the power of the sword but also needs no lamp, the Deserter Knight, forsaking the power of the Order carries a massive lamp. So I wanted to set the tone for that with this guy.

• Like 3

This will eventually be a series, KD has put out several iterations of the Knight. The Order Knight, pinnacle of the Order, carries no lamp, the feral Relic Knight is consumed by the power of the sword but also needs no lamp, the Deserter Knight, forsaking the power of the Order carries a massive lamp. So I wanted to set the tone for that with this guy.

I didn't pick up ANY of those...I got a Flower Knight in the KS, though. (Also Survivor Candy & Cola, and the Dragon King set.)

Also, kind of scared of the flower knight. Lots of tiny doodads to paint.

Edited by dsmiles
  • Like 1