2002 Christmas Sophie

ShadowRaven

And we're back. I now have Sophie almost all done (Eyes and touch ups on the model itself) and now with a small base pinned to her, upon which I am planning to put some snow to cover the somewhat messy cast on the edge of the model. This however is where I have run into a small problem. I am not sure how to do the snow. It needs to be thick enough to cover the edge. My current thought is to do it with the method I know of for making piles of gold and such, which uses a glue gun, in which case I would lay a thick bead of glue down around the edge, and a smaller bead flowing down over top of it. A bit of snow shadow, some linen white, and a bit of pure white or even pearl white for some glitter effect and brightness. What think you, my friends?

post-8132-0-08101800-1386182035.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all coming together nicely! I've only ever used GW's snow flock for my snow effects, and I have to say that it has worked very nicely for me. I just spread a layer of Elmer's white glue where I want the snow, sprinkle on the flock, let it dry, and then keep adding layers until the snow is built up the way I'd like it. I've never tried the baking soda thing, though, so I'm afraid I can't offer any advice on its use.

• Like 1