Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

The Last Stand of Heroes

Great job on this! Love the imagination you put into the scene.

Not sure why, but I got a strong Elmore vibe when I first looked at it.

• Like 2

Deathsleet the Dragon has always been a very 'Elmorish' style dragon to me. Not surprised in the least as I have the same impression!

Beautiful work Mutilatedlips - so much going on here I want MOAR [email protected]!! :)

Wait till that blue dragon electricity breath hits the water, those dudes are toast. :devil:

Oh man, that would be awesome.

WOW!

How did you do the water wall?

I cut piece of plastic from a bubble pack mini. Then I tried to glue it to the clay and failed, so I dripped scenic water on it and held vertical until it dried enough to let go. Then once sturdy enough I dripped more scenic water and once that was dried I added the white water effects with a toothpick. Probably would have been easier to lay flat and do once side then the next, then try to glue.

Deathsleet the Dragon has always been a very 'Elmorish' style dragon to me. Not surprised in the least as I have the same impression!

Beautiful work Mutilatedlips - so much going on here I want MOAR [email protected]!! :)

I added a few more pics. I only made it to be viewed from one side and temporary. I plan on removing and individual basing the heroes and dragon when I have the chance, since they aren't quite as functional for me the way they presently are.

I really like the look of Elmores stuff, I didn't know him by name, but I know his art especially the older D&D stuff. I purposely kept the colors bright and mostly singular hoping it would help them stand out more.

That was a huge compliment. Thanks and thanks everybody.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By deathly halliwell
      Hi folks, 
      I recently painted up the dark dwarves (and Margara, dwarf shaman) as some duergar. Heavily inspired by Dr. Faust's Painting Clinic duergar streams for the skin. 
      Only one picture, but may take more if there's interest. :)

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, this is a mini that I made as a joke for a friend of mine. He GMs a lot of games, and has always been a bit fascinated by the fact that the Half Dragon template can be added to almost any kind of creature. Including ones that reproduce by dividing.
      Truly, the biology of dragons is a wonder.
      Anyway, he got to completely wreck the party with this Half Black Dragon Gelatinous Cube.
      I made it by combining some parts from an invisible dragon and gelatinous cube minis (both from Reaper’s Bones line). I used water effect for gap filling and a bit of sculpting, and added a little color with some thinned down paints. I wanted to give the impression that it picks up debris from the floor as it moves along.
      Except for the eyes, which are totally opaque so that they can show up. Seriously, I think they’re the only part that really shows up at all in the pictures, but you get the idea.

In an unrelated project for the same friend, I found a really strange bit that I think is supposed to be the head of a dragon, but seriously looks like a half dragon spider. So that got painted too.
      Man, dragons really make some poor choices.

• By jonaas33
      Painted this dwarf after he inspired me to write a D&D adventure.  It's a really cool fig with plenty of neat little details.  Comments and critiques are always welcome!  Thanks in advance!

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reapermaniacs,

So here's one I've had painted for about a week or so but have never just gotten around to sit down at my normal computer to post him.

This one is one I've actually had for a long time, and it's an old lead version back from the seventies.  I had to at one point I think scrape off some paint. I had another newer version of him, but the detail was pretty soft so ended up painting up the original, whose details were so much more nice and crisp.

And being he was a "high" elf, I wanted him to have some nice light colors, no greens and browns.

Anyhoos, here he is:

I've been on a recent kick painting these older miniatures, even old by Partha standards (pre-eighties).  I think I'm going to keep painting them, putting them into my normal mix of newer, old Partha figures.  In any case, hope you like them!

• By Rahz
      Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one.  I’ve shied away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.  

In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon...  oops!  

I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown).  I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.  

For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.  

Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base.  I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.  

in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes. 

Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend.  That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!! 

Thanks for looking.  
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)